FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mosaik Apartments

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Mosaik Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by Dani69
    Yes thanks ! thats what i meant - no joiner fee at all in operation
    What could the security be pocketing then?

Espa??a some times - Pattaya rest of the time.
    Liked: 1

Best ask the guy that paid out the so called joiner fee dear.........I was just stating my opinion that maybe it was the security guard but obviously you are far more informed then me so i will leave you to solve the mystery Miss Marple

Liked

If you don't mind being in Jomtien, I would rent at View Talay from www.asian-escapes.com. Beautiful apartments , no extra charges and fully equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by RamzesII
    Too bad they don't accept credit cards. I hate to pay 1000 bath to send 5000.
    Too bad they do not accept credit cards. I wonder if you could send money via Pay Pal? Perhaps your friend in Pattaya could give the office 5000 baht and you reimburse your friend?

Dani69 you mentioned that the utilities were a bit over the top.
    When I stayed in Mosaik last year, I think the electric charge was about 5 baht per kilowatt. Both the electric and water are on individual meters and so your bill is a function of how much you use. Leave the A/C running around the clock and your bill may be a bit over the top.

Liked

I did not send the required deposit yet. Too bad they don't accept credit cards. I hate to pay 1000 bath to send 5000.
    Really, they require a deposit from you? I have never once paid a deposit, and considering they're hardly full, I don't see why you should. I've always just dropped them a quick e-mail letting them know the date & time I'm arriving, and pay in cash once there. If I'm arriving after office hours, I just ask them to give the security guard a key to my room, and pay in cash the following morning. I've never once had a problem with that.

If they actually require a deposit, just cancel the reservation, and show up at the office when you arrive. You'll still get the same room at the same price. It's not like Pattaya is over-crowded with farangs right now or anything.

Cdnmatt, you said that there are no pots and pans, boiler and I assume no coffee maker which are very basics in an apartment. Would they supply those basics if asked nicely? Push comes to shove, I can always buy them.
    Yeah, I didn't find this out until after I bought a good 4000 baht worth of shit, but yeah, they have everything for you. They won't just put it in your room though, and you have to ask for it. But I guess they have a storage of kettles, DVD players, and even a microwave if you want one. Just drop them an e-mail to let them know, and I'm sure it'll be in your room once you arrive.

Anyone has recently stayed at Mosaik and wish to share comments?
    Just left about 5 days ago, and yep, I'd recommend them!

Oh, and for utilities. I was staying in a 1bdrm Prestige, so a fairly large room, two air conditions which were very heavily used, and probably 4 showers a day on average. The one bill I got was for exactly 36 days, and it was 9500 baht. Electricity, water, internet (1000 baht), maid service, laundry, etc.

Espa??a some times - Pattaya rest of the time.
    Liked: 1

Mine was a 2 bed apart.
    Total bill for utilities for 40 days was 12000, incl lots of showers, 3 air con units, and cleaning service etc
    Back there again soon.
    Highly recommend.
    But i agree with above dont pay any deposit - cash on arrival.

Liked

It has been 2 or 3 years since I stayed there but I am astounded at the amount you have paid for elec etc. I have stayed in 3 bedroom houses with private pool where the electric bill has been only 6000 baht for 1 month. This added to their prices IMO makes it a very expensive place to stay since they have absolutely no facilities such as swimming pool, gym etc.

There are better deals unless the location is the only one for you.