Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Ambiance

Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by fedssocr
    The windows, besides being dirty, are covered with a sunblock film of some sort. And the windows are small to begin with.
    Might be soot from the fire a few years ago
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

allieb wrote;

"Might be soot from the fire a few years ago"

Naw the fire was too convenient, it only happened in the one room..... :bom:

Ambiance Hotel

I am sorry others have had a bad experience at the Ambiance Hotel but I have stayed there many times for 3-4 weeks each stay over the years and I have been VERY HAPPY with the housekeeping, staff, transportation, arrangements for tourist attractions, and the coffee shop. The staff have always been so helpful and always check the ID's of any guests I might have. The location has always been important factor to me and one can just sit on the balcony in an evening and watch the happenings if one does not feel they want to go bar hopping. I understand the lift has been just completed except for the interior cab and it should be fully operational this weekend. I also understand the drapes and bedspreads in all the rooms have just been replaced and the exterior is being painted. Earlier this year the lobby and coffee shop were redecorated.
    If I have any complaint or suggestion I would just talk to management staff or Jim and they have always been very caring and explanatory if necessary. I recommend if anyone has a problem or complaint to please let the management know and I am sure they will be very responsive.
    From my experiences at the Ambiance I can only say I believe the hospitality and facilities have been maintained and improved over time. I would recommend it to any friend who wants a clean hotel with good service and a good location. If one wants other amenities such as a pool or golf course or meeting rooms, then there are better options than the Ambiance. Lastly, each of us have our own travel budget so our choices are different and one has many other choices in Pattaya that will meet our budget and the type of ambiance we want in a hotel.
    Thank you for reading a different point of view.
    Jim
    America

The staff have always been so helpful and always check the ID's of any guests I might have. The location has always been important factor to me...
    Ditto.

More than 10 years of experience with the Ambiance and nothing but high praise. Clean, efficient, friendly, accommodating, caring, etc.

If your experience is less than satisfactory, speak to Jim. He has always gone the extra mile (kilometer) to make things right.

There will always be those with different tastes and needs, for many the Ambiance will continue to be an outstanding choice for lodging.

Liked

Re: Ambiance

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson
    No more postings from me on this subject; I sense that I've unwittingly stumbled on a personality clash- Wesley's reference to drag was the clincher.
    I stick to my recommendation.
    My reference to JL, was meant to say I have nothing against Him, I just don't like drag. It has nothing to do with the hotel just JL. I would assume he is a great person. I know him and have had a few conversations with him and all were good. I just prefer him dressed as a guy. It has nothing to do with the hotel. Sorry if I mixed personal opinions about him in a post about the hotel, although I think it is hard to separate the two, that is JL and the Hotel as some of you mentioned just talk to him. I am sure he will surely walk on water to fix any problem.

All the best.

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

I've stayed at the Ambience many times. I tried several B&Bs and found them to be awful. I'd rather pay a little more and be in a convenient spot anyway. The last time I was there, they were building some type of lift. I complained and checked out. They didn't bother to give me a better rate, offer me a better room, nothing. I ended up checking back in, again with no compensation for the noise from the construction. I don't think complaining will do any good because it seems to me that they must be doing well business wise because it didn't even occur to management to offer anything. It was all very "oh well...."

Anyway, despite my problems with them, my next trip will likely again be spent there, or perhaps Cafe Royale.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson
    No more postings from me on this subject; I sense that I've unwittingly stumbled on a personality clash- Wesley's reference to drag was the clincher.
    I stick to my recommendation.
    My reference to JL, was meant to say I have nothing against Him, I just don't like drag. It has nothing to do with the hotel just JL. I would assume he is a great person. I know him and have had a few conversations with him and all were good. I just prefer him dressed as a guy. It has nothing to do with the hotel. Sorry if I mixed personal opinions about him in a post about the hotel, although I think it is hard to separate the two, that is JL and the Hotel as some of you mentioned just talk to him. I am sure he will surely walk on water to fix any problem.

All the best.

Wes
    Let me clarify, how I feel about J is personal, how he runs the hotel and the mess with Kevin are two different issues. I will say it until I die. I think it was best forgiven and the bunch of them moveon with life. My feelings about Quill and j are the same. How they run the hotel are not in the same category as how I feel about the other issues. I remain diligent in my belief that what we see and what happed are two different issues. On that issue, I can say I am Biased to no end. I did feel I needed some objectivity however, when talking about the hotel since I have not stayed there, nor will I since the issue with Kevin. Not that management gives ratsтАЩ ass how I feel or my money. However, I cannot say for person how the hotel is run now, how it looks smells or anything, I can only mention the posters in the beginning of the thread were likely right. Too many people of recent stays there say there is a problem. If Jim says they are addressing the issues who am I to say they are not. Therefore, on that issue alone I rest my case that I do not personally know of any problems and can only judge based on what I read.

All the best,

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Wesley wrote: I just prefer him dressed as a guy.
    I think you're taking the piss, he looks better in drag.

White Desire, I agree with you 100%,

I wouldnt risk saying that too loudly in Boyztown though! I have been 'out of the loop' for quite some time now, as to who owns the Ambiance and the Big Big Bar next door, as I have heard various rumours, that the McMafia have sold up, and are involved with property developments near Jomtien. Another rumour I heard, was that they still owned a percentage of the hotel/bar, and the final rumour being that the one with the frock runs the bar/hotel, but only as as a manager?

Can anyone advise?

it was said ...

... lightheartedly - I'm sure he's got thicker skin than that!