Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thai King is sick , says Crown Prince

Liked

Thai King is sick , says Crown Prince

Thai King is 'sick':Crown Prince

December 4, 2008 - 1753hrs Thai time

Thailand's revered King Bhumibol Adulyadej is "mildly" sick and cannot deliver his annual birthday-eve speech, the crown prince said on Thursday.

"His Majesty the King is mildly sick," Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn said on national radio.

Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, the king's daughter, said in the same broadcast that the king "has a blockage in his throat and has poor appetite."

┬й 2008 AFP

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

To anyone who saw the television pictures of the ceremonial parade on Tuesday that can't come as news.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    Very worrying and sad, as his speech, and guidance, was needed more than ever this year. The first time as Monarch that he has failed to give his birthday address to the nation.

Very sad news indeed as he is the glue thats holding LOS together. Hopefully he will recover fully. I don't think I have ever seen a king so beloved by his subjects and I truly admire him because of it.

Liked

Re: Thai King is sick , says Crown Prince

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    Thai King is 'sick':Crown Prince

the king "has a blockage in his throat and has poor appetite."

┬й 2008 AFP
    Everytime I say the word PAD the words get stuck in my throat even if I do support them.
    Being gay can be such a pain in the ass

Liked: 1
    So one of the most tumultuous weeks in recent Thai history ends with a whimper rather than a bang. I assume this means that no birthday address will be delivered this year, even after HMK has recovered ?

The CC's decision earlier in the week let HMK off the hook in a sense. Had the airports still been occupied by the PAD lunatics, it's hard to imagine a monarch who truly cared for the good of his country not suggesting a resolution of the stalemate, regardless of where his real sentiments lie.

Some analysts had speculated that HMK no longer had the influence to resolve the situation, as he had at critical times in the past. Indeed one interpretation of current events is that we are already in the 'end game', where the forces are jockeying for supremacy in a post-Bhumipol Thailand, when calling on loyalty to the King is unlikely to have the same influence.

So an inconsequential speech would not have reflected well on HMK's status.

All things considered, a slight 'illness' may have seemed like an ideal solution.

The Thais need to get their constitution changed before the man slips away to allow his much loved daughter to succeed to the throne rather than Barny Rubble, otherwise I would think the airports might end up getting closed down for much longer that the recent sit in by the PAD

Quote Originally Posted by sanook
    The Thais need to get their constitution changed
    The present constitution does not dictate the order of succession, as it delegates this authority to the "Palace Law of Succession" which makes it the sole prerogative of the King.

I strongly suggest this topic and this line of speculation and comment is closed, and posting guidelines on this subject are adhered to, otherwise this board is in danger of being closed for considerably longer than the airport.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    Agreed