Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thai Airways to sue the PAD

Thai Airways to sue the PAD

It will be interesting to see what the consequences could be for the PAD leaders now they have left the airports. Thai Airways has announced that it will sue the PAD for 20 billion baht for lost revenues. I guess any hotel with a computerised resrevation system could do the same. A pro-government has asked the police to charge the PAD leadership with terrorism.
    http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakin ... d=30090137
    http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakin ... d=30090138

Anyone believe they will be ordered to pay by a court? I do hope so and it bankrupts the main man.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    I wonder if the individual protesters have any chance of being held liable. 8,000 pockets are bound to have more money than 10-15 pockets!

The logistics industry is estimating losses of 22 billion baht. Thai airways estimates losses of 20 billion baht. The Thai government must've spent a couple of billion baht feeding/housing stranded tourists. Thai Air Asia estimates losses of 320 million baht.

The biggest losses, however, will be from lost long term opportunities. Businesses will look to shift part or all of their operations to neighbouring countries to spread their risk. Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore and Philippines must be jumping with joy.

Liked
    Some of the major hotels are reporting occupancy in single figures %!!

Truly a disaster for business and all thos folk who rely on the tourist dollar. I hope the suit is successful but I am doubtful particularly when I witnessed a nauseating 'handover' ceremony. These people should have been arrested and charged but instead the AOT chief is waiing...

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman
    Anyone believe they will be ordered to pay by a court? I do hope so and it bankrupts the main man.
    Oogie, I hope so too. Given he (ol' crazy Sondhi) was the main leader of this pack, he sure as hell would be held liable in western courts. But I guess I have more faith in tea leaves than what one can expect from the Thai system...

As a side note, Sondhi (the so-called media mogul) supposedly was in bankruptcy from 1997 through 2000 and, yet, 3-4 years later he ends up back in the top two or three richest Thais. Geez, I wonder how that can happen (at least legally). So even if there ends up to be judgments for billions of baht against this dirtbag, I'd suspect he'll resurrect himself again a few years later.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by anakot
    Some of the major hotels are reporting occupancy in single figures %!!

Truly a disaster for business and all thos folk who rely on the tourist dollar. I hope the suit is successful but I am doubtful particularly when I witnessed a nauseating 'handover' ceremony. These people should have been arrested and charged but instead the AOT chief is waiing...
    I imagine during the handover, the AOT chief was outwardly very calm and humble... but on the inside he was visualising the act of lunging at the PAD chief and strangling him lol.

Did the PAD cost the country more than Thaksin supposedly did?

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    That's a good statement to make, but just because 1 criminal gets away with a crime, doesn't mean another one should.

I think less people died from the PAD's actions than from Thaksin's 'war on drugs'

Cost counting

I wonder how much will now be lost in the tourist dollar category, I took Bali years after the bombings, I wonder how long before tourists forget the Bangkok airport disaster.