Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bypassing BKK by using U Tapao [Pattaya] updated

Liked

Bypassing BKK by using U Tapao [Pattaya] updated

There are twice daily flight from Pkuket to U tapao {Pattaya} the morning flight also stops at Koh samui

www.bangkokair.com

Both Phuket and Koh Samui have many international flights every day

I would suggest that most airlines would not hesitate to allow rerouting tickets away from Bangkok

I would not let the problems in BKK deter my plans

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

EVA is flying directly to Utapao from Taipei for at least the next two days. See you soon.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

farang flies in from Hong Kong yesterday..

I was shooting the breeze with some fellow farangs after a very nice Thanksgiving
    feast at White Night restaurant in Sunee Plaza last nite..
    The meal was a good value at 590B. and was reasonably good, especially for their first try.

A farang friend whom I hadn't seen in a long time showed up later and told us his story
    of how he arrived by air yesterday..

He told us his flight from Narita was about an hour from landing at BKK when the cockpit
    announced that they were turning around and going to land at Hong Kong instead due
    to small arms fire and an unsafe situation at BKK airport. The airline put them up at a nice
    hotel in Hong Kong and the next day the same problem still existed.. The airline offered one more nite in the hotel but the farang decided to try a different route.
    He found a seat on Bangkok Air from Hong Kong to Koh Samui for about $US 500 one way,
    (not cheap but neither would be a few more nites in Hong Kong hotels) and then a short
    flight from Koh Samui to Utopao airport near Pattaya for another $US100 one way..

He was happy to have arrived and went looking for a lad to celebrate his first nite back in
    Pattaya with.. He missed his Thanksgiving dinner at Amor due to his late arrival but he seemed
    ok with that and managed to arrive dispite the airport problems...

What a hoot

Airport closures, small arms fire, extra high cost for re-routing. Will nothing delay the sex-tourists?

Re: What a hoot

Quote Originally Posted by looneytunes
    Airport closures, small arms fire, extra high cost for re-routing. Will nothing delay the sex-tourists?
    No

Liked
    Flying Jetstar from Aus does not give the option of a stopover in Phuket, and probably no other airline as well.

However for May bookings I would wait until February . Bangkok Air usually have reduced offers, currently "Thanks" on their website up to 31 March. It will also depend in the value of the $OZ at that time. My last flight with Bangkok Air was 1990 baht with the taxi supplied by Gems 500 baht [arranged by email]

I also like to drop in to Koh Samui for a couple of days which is on route one flight per day
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Eva seem to be diverting the London==>BKK flights to Utapao.

How long would it take to travel from Utapao to Bangkok at around 17:00? 3~4 hours?
    I think spending the first night in Pattaya would be the obvious solution.

Liked
    I don't know exactly where Utapao is but the time from Pattaya to Bangkok is now about 1.5 hours since the expressway is finally finished. I think the news has been saying Utapao is 2 hours from Bangkok by bus. According to Sticky Rice the taxis going from Utapao are gouging people to the tune of Bt1000 to Pattaya and Bt3500 to Bangkok.

airport

Quote Originally Posted by kylemartin
    Hello lonelywombat, I didn't realise there was an airport in Pattaya. I am going to be flying from Bangkok to Phuket next year and after my stay I was going to book a flight from Phuket back to Bangkok to catch my taxi taxi ride to Pattaya for the rest of my holidays.

Pattaya airport is just 25 mins away from Pattaya so makes sense for me to book a flight to this airport..... yea?? advantages are saving on a 2hr taxi ride from Bangkok.

----------------Good idea but be sure and book a taxi to meet you at the airport as it is just a small country operation and has very limited facilities. For years I have been using "Gems and Phon" out of Pattaya. You can book by email. The following is from another BB:

Gems and Phon Taxi I have used used for many years. Not one disappointment. Not one missed appointment. They take good care of you and have very reasonable prices.

email: gemsphone@loxinfo.co.th
    phone: (66) 0176164550
    09-8332498

Quote Originally Posted by fedssocr
    I don't know exactly where Utapao is but the time from Pattaya to Bangkok is now about 1.5 hours since the expressway is finally finished. I think the news has been saying Utapao is 2 hours from Bangkok by bus. According to Sticky Rice the taxis going from Utapao are gouging people to the tune of Bt1000 to Pattaya and Bt3500 to Bangkok.
    A bus direct from Utapao to BKK via expressway would be a good solution, but my limited experience of Thai buses has involved them diverting into every small town possible, in the hope of picking up more passengers.