List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vietnam, is better than most of you think!

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    Anthony Bourdain has an interesting view on Vietnam.
    Yes, he has also covered Thailand, Laos, and Malaysia. He also did an episode called "Asia Special", which was season 1, episode 11 of "No Reservations".

dboy

Liked

Bunch of goody goody boys here.

Over 400 views of this thread and zero comments on the Vietfun site? :-)

Me

Liked
    maybe it is just me but the site seemed a bit on the boring side to me

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Apples and Oranges

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley
    maybe it is just me but the site seemed a bit on the boring side to me

Wes
    Hey Wes, could it be the images of women on their home page? As soon as I see women, I move on and look for the boys, between 18 and 99 of course.

Liked

actually

you, could not have been more right, I must be a bit prdjudiced in this particulr case!
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

Re: actually

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley
    you, could not have been more right, I must be a bit prdjudiced in this particulr case!
    At least if you see a girl here you can be sure its one :-)

Like I said; you'll find the gay boys between the breeders.

It's just that I lived in many countries and tried just as many dating/chat sites, and besides maybe one in Mexico(wish I could remember the name) this one must be the easiest for making dates with stunning "not for money" guys.

But hey, I could be a bit prejudiced too :cheers:

Liked

First Aid

Before you drown yourself in the Hoan Kiem (Returned Sword) lake where an alien knight in shining armour once terminated his heroic mission please try the Vietnamese[-French] SPICES GARDEN restaurant in the Sofitel Metropole Hanoi, 15 Ngo Quyen Street. You will eat here not only once.

http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-1555-so ... rant.shtml

Nearby you find the BA MIEN, the Vietnamese restaurant of the Hilton Hanoi Opera, 1 Le Thanh Tong Street.

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/H ... /dining.do

Then, with your new Vietnamese friend from www.vietfun.com (thanks for the link!) you can begin to explore the universe of the Vietnamese water soup. Is Bangkok better? Don't believe that LE DALAT INDOCHINE (Sukhumvit), PHILIPPE (Sukhumvit) or ZANOTTI (Sathorn) provide excellent Vietnamese, French or Italian food. They cater to dumb diners who contribute to the "Thailand Tatler". No gourmets, please.

http://www.thailandsbestrestaurants.com ... /type.html

You will have to tolerate the barren atmosphere of a colonial outpost (Five-star hotel) to enjoy fine dining. Try the THIEN DUONG restaurant in the Dusit Thani (Silom). I guess you will prefer the SPICES GARDEN in Hanoi - because it is not too Vietnamese.

Yes, I know, street food is always best, as in Hanoi. Just follow the endless catering vehicles from the Palace that line up at the food stalls to grab the very best for the chosen. How close to the people! Vive la cuisine royale thailandaise!

Liked

Re: Vietnam, is better than most of you think!

An earlier note mentioned a certain movie theater where no one watching the film. Any recent update on that? I love not watching the movie with a bunch of young Asian guys. How about outside of Vietnam?

Liked

where are the gay friendly coffee shops in Saigon-Ho Chi Minh..?
    I go there lots but they change from time to time..anyway not a problem with the
    hotels with visitors if you tip the staff big time...that is what turns them on and
    will not question your motive of bringing a dude back..

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by usagaybear
    An earlier note mentioned a certain movie theater where no one watching the film. Any recent update on that? I love not watching the movie with a bunch of young Asian guys. How about outside of Vietnam?
    Earlier :-) I guess you could say that about 6 years. The Cinema was still there a year ago when i left. I live In the Philippines now so I'm a little bit out of the loop. However, one thing that surely hasn't changed is that all the clubs in Vietnam that I have ever visited and have boys as waiting staff, are usually boys for hire. A fe examples:

gold club: (so crazy), we had waiters that had one mission only, finding out if we were gay and letting us know that they were gay too. Coincidence, one of the waiters just added me too Google + yesterday.

Club 8: not sure if it is still there

Papa cafe: They have some kind of Karaoke downstairs and a very cozy bar upstairs. Nice food and cheap drinks. Mainly gay.

It's like James said, people just don't question each other about their activities. That is surely a cultural thing. i'm thinking that it's something like "don't ask don't tell".

Don't forget the internet. It's really the easiest place to pick up guys.