Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USA entry

Liked

USA entry

I am planning a trip to USA soon and will be travelling on EU passports. I was informed that if there was a Cuban entry stamp in your passport you will have problems going into the USA (not my predicament in this query) but it raised a query as to Arabic stamps - Egypt and Tunisia. Any thoughts or info on this please. Many thanks

Liked

Re: USA entry

Quote Originally Posted by thanatorn
    I am planning a trip to USA soon and will be travelling on EU passports. I was informed that if there was a Cuban entry stamp in your passport you will have problems going into the USA (not my predicament in this query) but it raised a query as to Arabic stamps - Egypt and Tunisia. Any thoughts or info on this please. Many thanks
    I am US passport holder, and they may treat EU differently, but I have often been questioned on old passport stamps. They are usually more interested in my Poland and Hungary stamps than anything else in there. I wouldn't expect *problems* , but do expect a question or two. It seems TSA (transportation security) and immigration have calmed down a bit lately, at least from my recent experiences.

dboy

Liked
    I don't know for sure but, presuming your not a US citizen, why would it cause any problems at all? As long as you legally travelled (we can't legally travel to Cuba but I'm not sure they'd do anything about it if we did), I wouldn't think it would be a problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    I don't know for sure but, presuming your not a US citizen, why would it cause any problems at all? As long as you legally travelled (we can't legally travel to Cuba but I'm not sure they'd do anything about it if we did), I wouldn't think it would be a problem at all.
    I'm sure that if you take certain actions the US Government will arrange travel to Cuba for you. I think you need to be quick though as these tours may be abandoned under the coming administration.

End of an Error, indeed.

I am planning a trip to USA soon and will be travelling on EU passports.
    One is normally sufficient.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. My passport is filled with visa stamps from much more sensitive places than Egypt and Tunisia (both of which have huge tourist industries), and I have never received a second glance.

Liked
    Yes, don't worry thanatorn; it is only returning US citizens they treat like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Yes, don't worry thanatorn; it is only returning US citizens they treat like shit.
    Not sure why you would say that. I'm a US citizen living abroad who has returned at least 2-3 times a year for the past 20 years. They look at my passport for about two seconds, hand it back, and say "welcome home". Never had a second glance, not even once.

Liked
    You are among the lucky Chao Na. The forums are filled with horror stories of US citizens returning from Thailand to the US and treated like scum. But if returning from a country other than Thailand then the experience may well be different. Horror stories anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    You are among the lucky Chao Na. The forums are filled with horror stories of US citizens returning from Thailand to the US and treated like scum. But if returning from a country other than Thailand then the experience may well be different. Horror stories anyone?
    Perhaps those people have found themselves on a watch list for some reason or another?