Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pattaya Crime News.

Liked: 1

Pattaya Crime News.

I found this editor's note from Pattaya Daily News interesting. It could explain why we don't see a lot of crime that happens in Pattaya get reported.

Pattaya Daily News tries not to report more than 2 severe crime items each day, in accordance with the council's request to downplay violence, but we have reported many similar events in the past and feel that trying to pull the wool over the public's eyes is not the way to go about reducing the senseless violence which increasingly characterizes this city. Rather, we feel that all such incidents must be reported in full to pressurize the Powers That Be into taking some constructive action.

Warina

Liked
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana

Forum's veteran
    Liked

was that written by the editor ??

needless to say a phone call won't becoming from Rupert Murdoch in the near future with an offer to edit one of his rags..

Our editor's 6 ways to kill off his own newspaper :

1. advise the media to focus on positive rather than negative aspects;
    2. tell readers that Pattaya has remained untouched by events in Bangkok;
    3. explain that there are no problems travelling from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya;
    4. write letters to all the tour agencies to assure them that Pattaya has no problem, and it still safe to travel here;
    5. encourage local tourists, especially from Bangkok;
    6. spend 5 million baht on events such as Loygratong, and the Christmas and New Year count down.

and 7 ways to finish of Pattaya for good:

1. the crime in Pattaya is now unbelievable - stop the gangs and the shootings.
    2. Stop the double-price systems in national parks, discos, shops and taxis.
    3. Kick out the Russians, Ukrainians - most of them are prostitutes or Mafia anyway.
    4. Don't restrict the opening hours of bars, discos or shops.
    5. Don't harass the freelancer girls or vendors at the beach - the tourists love them.
    6. Close down Walking Street. ALL of those bars, discos, restaurants are rip-off-joints.
    7. Arrest and deport the foreign (Russian, Ukrainian, Polish) prostitutes.

I wonder if the Indian owner of the Pattay Mail agrees with all this rascist nonsense?
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Was that written by the editor ?? - NO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze
    Our editor's 6 ways to kill off his own newspaper : ............

and 7 ways to finish of Pattaya for good: .........
    Out to Lunch,

you have totally mis-read the article. These were abstracts from "a representative sample" of "what you, our readers, think" - NOT (at least according to him) the editor's views. The "6 ways" were allegedly "proposals" made by "the City Council" (NOT the editor), reported by a reader, and the "7 ways" were actually 13, including such proposals as "12. Respect religions - Muslims who drink alcohol or go with prostitutes should be jailed.
    13. Impose a maximum age for bar girls - appr. 30 years", again made by a reader, NOT the editor.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    I realise they were samplings of reader's comments Gone Fishing (although presented in akward way)..but for a newspaper to publish such a series of racist rants is utterley irresponsible as it re-inforces those who think them and think likewise.

A can see the headlines in Russian newspapers now..Thailand hates Russians ! ( along with Ukrainians and Poles who are all prostitutes or belong to the mafia )

And what the editor didn't make clear is that they are obviously the rantings of disaffected ex-pat farangs. Thais couldn't give a flying f**k where visitors come from.

Not the greratest moment in tourism promotion.

If you'd put it like that the first time, Lo'B, I'd have agreed with you!

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Gone Fishing
    If you'd put it like that the first time, Lo'B, I'd have agreed with you!
    well it's a clever trick I've learnt to keep the attention of the reader..while trying to work out the fuck what I'm trying to say. :drunken: