Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Siam Park City, Safari World and Dream World

Liked

Siam Park City, Safari World and Dream World

So, tell me has anyone been to this water park, amusement park and theme park? Do you and/or the guys like it? Which part since it appears to be 3 parks?
    Also, how is Safari World as well as Dream World? Is it worth going to either one of these and do the guys like either of them?

Liked
    I have been a few times to Siam City Water Park. A Taxi from say Silom would be in the vicinity of 300B with tolls. Several bus options as well, including one from Silom, you need a Bangkok Bus Map: 115,151,26,60,168,501,519.

The entrance fee for the Amusement Park and the Water Park can be separate or combined. There are several different confusing package fee options. The rides in the amusement (thrill rides) section are on an individual ticket system but you can pay cash as well inside the park. I am pretty sure there's duel farang/thai pricing but if you have a Thai DL you pay Thai.

I can't recall what I paid. I took the BF's family and there were a lot of them and I don't recall it costing much. We had some discount coupons from somewhere and food in the park was also not expensive.

Most Thai families come only for the water park. There are the usual water slides and large pools. Weekends and school holidays it gets packed with families. It's not a big farang attraction but there's the occasional farang here and there including some PLU and once I saw a gaggle of lady-boys. There would be no problem going with a BF/BS or a group of Thai boys.

The rides are comparable with Dream World but I might give Dream World an edge on the quality of the park and rides but no water park.

Siam Park City

You can print the map which might help a taxi driver find the place--good luck. It might be better to asks if he knows where it is and if not find another taxi.
    E Dok Tong

Liked

Ohhhhh, now I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    I have been a few times to Siam City Water Park. A Taxi from say Silom would be in the vicinity of 300B with tolls. Several bus options as well, including one from Silom, you need a Bangkok Bus Map: 115,151,26,60,168,501,519.

The entrance fee for the Amusement Park and the Water Park can be separate or combined. There are several different confusing package fee options. The rides in the amusement (thrill rides) section are on an individual ticket system but you can pay cash as well inside the park. I am pretty sure there's duel farang/thai pricing but if you have a Thai DL you pay Thai.

I can't recall what I paid. I took the BF's family and there were a lot of them and I don't recall it costing much. We had some discount coupons from somewhere and food in the park was also not expensive.

Most Thai families come only for the water park. There are the usual water slides and large pools. Weekends and school holidays it gets packed with families. It's not a big farang attraction but there's the occasional farang here and there including some PLU and once I saw a gaggle of lady-boys. There would be no problem going with a BF/BS or a group of Thai boys.

The rides are comparable with Dream World but I might give Dream World an edge on the quality of the park and rides but no water park.

Siam Park City

You can print the map which might help a taxi driver find the place--good luck. It might be better to asks if he knows where it is and if not find another taxi.
    Thanks TE,
    I didn't know about this place or I would have included it above.....I now understand what an online Thai guy was saying to me when we were discussing one of my hobbies...skiing. He was telling me the only snow in Thailand was in a park and so this is what he meant I think. There is one in this park. http://www.dreamworld-th.com/english/index.php

Liked
    If it's working the snow room at Dream World is more ice and slush than fluffy snow. It's really just a big freezer. Snow Town or what ever it's called is a separate entrance fee not included in the general admission. Dream World also employs duel pricing with a big margin. The web sites for these parks don't seem to mention that either.
    E Dok Tong

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    Siam Park had two fatal accidents within a couple of months earlier this year, reported by the BMA as due to poor maintenance of rides. There was a story that the owner had put the place up for sale as he was not prepared to invest any more money in the place.

Dream World in Rangsit has a strict dual pricing policy, and the farang price is very much higher than the Thai price.
    Last time I was there they accepted my Thai DL for the Thai price. The Thai price was something like 350B but several years ago when I was a tourist/farang the price was in the neighborhood of 1,500 and since the BS was with me, he (me) had to pay the farang price for him too!

Last time, this year at Dream World, with a Thai DL, no problem, I got in for the Thai price, other than having to show it to a guard that originally pulled me out of the line, the lady at the head of the line, the ticket counter lady and then the ticket collector. Once inside, I was left alone.

Different day, maybe different results. I doubt they have farang/tourist/foreigner defined. Even the National Park Act does not give a definition of "Foreigner"

National Park Act

These parks are a long way from Disney standards but most Thai BS along with a few of his friends would have a great time. Even if you get screwed with the farang price, it's still worth it, just don't take a group of farangs along and it will not cost much.
    E Dok Tong