Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have I been banned????

Have I been banned????

As I am about to post to ES, in a turn which some will see as even better than my being on "ignore" to those not logged in, my posts on the Which Insect Repellent thread (and possibly others) appear as blank spaces hence I am repeating them here and adding another reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Khor tose
    What is a substitute for DEET?
    I have posted on this at length on http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com...t15398-15.html and

[link to thread on this board deleted because it was inexplicably causing board errors....?????-ES]

so check there if you need more information.

"Off", readily available at around 115 baht for a 6oz/170ml, 15% DEET strength, spray can, is generally quite adequate as already mentioned.

[quoe="ChrisUK"]Additionally, I use soap and shampoo containing a citrus fragrance, which I believe helps to deter mosquitoes.[/quote]

Only marginally; mosquitoes are attracted by carbon dioxide (exhaled breath).

Similar Threads:

Banned ??

What the post should have said was:

After trying to post a reply on thread concerning mosquito repellent and it appearing blank I checked my previous post on the same thread - now also blank. The detail does appear, however, in the box when I attemp to edit it and in the "announcements" box on the forum home page, so it may be a technical glitch (again, in my case).

I have also tried to post under this name on the Gay Thailand forum and been unable to do so as I get automatically logged out.

I had previously tried to send a PM to Khor tose, concerning Latin, and have no idea if it has been sent properly.

Have I been banned?

If so, my last "controversial" post was pointing out Catawumpuscat's stupidity in posting about murders, totally incorrectly, again, before checking his facts - have I been banned for saying, slightly more politely, that he was an utter fucking idiot for doing so?

If not, what is going on???

Liked

Re: Have I been banned????

[quote=Gone Fishing]As I am about to post to ES, in a turn which some will see as even better than my being on "ignore" to those not logged in, my posts on the Which Insect Repellent thread (and possibly others) appear as blank spaces hence I am repeating them here and adding another reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Khor tose":13gqaqdx] What is a substitute for DEET?[/quote]

I have posted on this at length on [url]http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/getting-serious-about-mosquitoes-t15398-15.html[/url] and
    [color=red][size=7]
    For Some Reason the link that was here is what was messing things up and I don't know why-ES [/size]
    [/color]

"[i]Off[/i]", readily available at around 115 baht for a 6oz/170ml, 15% DEET strength, spray can, is generally quite adequate as already mentioned.

[quoe="ChrisUK
    Additionally, I use soap and shampoo containing a citrus fragrance, which I believe helps to deter mosquitoes.[/quote:13gqaqdx]

Only marginally; mosquitoes are attracted by carbon dioxide (exhaled breath).
    FYI & FWIW, Gon Fishing's opening post in this thread *is* there, kind of... I started this post by clicking the "quote" button on his opening post and you can see it showed up in the message body of this post.
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]

Liked

Something very bizarre is going on here

My previous "invisible" post in this thread was created by pressing the "quote" button in Gone Fishing's opening post. His post showed up in the "Message body" as a properly [quote]'d item, but once submitted, my post ... in its entirety ... was invisible.
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Something very bizarre is going on here

Quote Originally Posted by quiet1
    My previous "invisible" post in this thread was created by pressing the "quote" button in Gone Fishing's opening post. His post showed up in the "Message body" as a properly quoted item, but once submitted, my post ... in its entirety ... was invisible.
    Tried it myself and got the same reults. My baht is on it being part of the same strange glitch that's causing people to show as ignored to those not signed in.

Personally, although I only have one or two on my ignore list (usually just as a way of giving them a "time out" for a few days) I've been skipping over the extended rebuttals and quoting from GF for some time now. Life's too short to invest time in such pissing contests! :cheers:

elephantspike

Re: Something very bizarre is going on here

Quote Originally Posted by bao-bao
    Quote Originally Posted by quiet1
    My previous "invisible" post in this thread was created by pressing the "quote" button in Gone Fishing's opening post. His post showed up in the "Message body" as a properly quoted item, but once submitted, my post ... in its entirety ... was invisible.
    Tried it myself and got the same reults. My baht is on it being part of the same strange glitch that's causing people to show as ignored to those not signed in.

Personally, although I only have one or two on my ignore list (usually just as a way of giving them a "time out" for a few days) I've been skipping over the extended rebuttals and quoting from GF for some time now. Life's too short to invest time in such pissing contests! :cheers:
    Testing....

elephantspike
    Okay, I'm not getting the same behavior described above when I use the quote function, so I'm not sure what the problem is, but it is a technical one and not a political one.

If you were banned, you wouldn't have been able to post this thread.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    such hostility.. what a nasty piece of work gf is.

Fact check: Murders did occur and one was a boy from A-Bomb and the other
    his customer, (granted not a Western=farang, but an Asian man.)

Fact check: gf way over the top with his bitching. I am not writing for the London Times
    or the NY Times and reported on a story that I had heard that nite. It turns out the murders did occur and both men were stabbed to death and the police have been out in force looking for
    others involved.. sgf's comment stating I was "totally incorrect" is pure bullshit and a twisting of the truth by a lowlife with an agenda. I do attract the scum of the earth for some reason..

Fact check: If overreacting and freaking out over my postings was a reason to get banned,
    there are several posters out there who would be long gone but alas, I don't have that power.

Fact check: still gone fishing makes the ignore list and will be permanently on it. :cat:

Re: Have I been banned????

[quote=quiet1]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gone Fishing
    As I am about to post to ES, in a turn which some will see as even better than my being on "ignore" to those not logged in, my posts on the Which Insect Repellent thread (and possibly others) appear as blank spaces hence I am repeating them here and adding another reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Khor tose":67bhkpnt] What is a substitute for DEET?[/quote]

I have posted on this at length on [url]http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/getting-serious-about-mosquitoes-t15398-15.html[/url] and

[color=red][size=7][link to that thread deleted here, too-ES] [/size][/color]

"[i]Off[/i]", readily available at around 115 baht for a 6oz/170ml, 15% DEET strength, spray can, is generally quite adequate as already mentioned.

[quoe="ChrisUK
    Additionally, I use soap and shampoo containing a citrus fragrance, which I believe helps to deter mosquitoes.
    Only marginally; mosquitoes are attracted by carbon dioxide (exhaled breath).[/quote:67bhkpnt]

FYI & FWIW, Gon Fishing's opening post in this thread *is* there, kind of... I started this post by clicking the "quote" button on his opening post and you can see it showed up in the message body of this post.
    ok i see blank posts but when i quote i see everything - now lets see if all appears when i submit! :faroah:

same here - quote my blank post to see what i wrote lol