Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Increases in HIV Infection

Liked

Re: what about non-sex workers?

Quote Originally Posted by gra45
    Quote Originally Posted by bitchofbangkok
    I have thought about this topic a lot as well and it deserves way more attention than some bitching about barboys' quality, cheap underwear or whether the thai or the foreigner should shower first......!

I recently went to the community clinique in bangkok christian hospital in silom to get tested for STD's as a routine. There, I saw statistics an experiment which included 1200 thai men with man-to-man sexual contacts. 900 of them, so the clear majority were born outside of bangkok. i do not know exactly but I believe this largely includes the silom-scene (e.g. bar boys, freelance moneyboys and other dj-station-goers, of whom not so many are born in bangkok (as far as I know). I wonder if these very shockingly high rates of HIV-infection can be duplicated onto bangkok-born non-silom men?

in other words, does anyone know about any correlance between birthplace, income, education and HIV-prevalence?
    FUCK some one help me what the fuck SHE saying
    Don't read his blog unless your stoned.

"What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind
    at all. How true that is."
    -- Vice President Dan Quayle
    speaking to the United Negro College Fund
    E Dok Tong

Liked: 1
    First of all it is my belief that trying to educate these boys is not going to have the slightest bit of difference. Nobody is ignorant to how HIV is caught and the consequences of what will happen after.

I will not repeat my own story in full which I posted in early 2006 but for those who didn't read it. I had a BS for 4 years. I knew I was sharing with another farang. He had tested positive during year 2 of our relationship and kept it quiet except to the other farang who was with him when he tested. I didn't know the other farang at the time.

In year 3, during a 1 month holiday in BKK he told me that he would like to settle down with me only and that he had never had unprotected sex with anybody and would like to try. I after some thought agreed and continued throughout the holiday. A chance flook meeting with the other farang a year later reviled all. End of story. ( I tested negative 6 months and a year later)

Update

Early 2008 Farang no 2 called me to tell me that Boy had left him and stopped attending the hospital for his regular checks and meds. Farang no 2 was paying all bills. I contacted boy on the number that I had and he still fortunately had the same phone. He was back on the Silom scene and said he didn't care any more could get more on the scene than farang no 2 was giving him. It sems that he is stringing along at least 3 new farangs. The money he is getting must be more of an attraction to him than a roof over his head hospital treatment a monthly allowance as well as his college fees paid for by farang no 2.

In short he does'nt give a shit about his condition.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley
    ... if there is anything I can do to ease the suffering of the working boys who at our expense have been taken ill, I will do all I can to help.
    Wes,

I presume you are saying that you think that we (the customers / the farangs) are solely / largely responsible for transmitting HIV to "the working boys". Are you serious? This topic has been discussed before, at length, so suffice to say that not only is there no justification for this assumption, but it is a dangerous one in as much as in the long talks you or anyone may have with a boy following gra45's advice you may be tempted to say "always wear a condom with a farang" rather than just "always wear a condom" - not the same thing.

... and allieb,

just because you had a very unpleasant experience with one boy, which has understandably left you rather bitter, does not mean that "nobody is ignorant to how HIV is caught and the consequences of what will happen after". Plenty are.