Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vatican could screen for gays

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Vatican could screen for gays

THE Vatican acknowledges that psychological tests could help identify candidates for the Catholic priesthood who show homosexual tendencies, according to a newly-released document.
    While condoning the use of such tests by Catholic seminaries, the document released today and approved by Pope Benedict XVI says they must be strictly voluntary.

"Deep-seated homosexual tendencies" and "uncertain sexual identity" are listed in the document along with "excessive rigidity of character" and "strong affective dependencies" as traits that might make a candidate unsuitable for the priesthood.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24 ... 01,00.html

this will involve wiring them up and parading groups of choir boys or muscle men in front of them.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked

Re: Vatican could screen for gays

I don't know about you, Doris, but I have some very deep seated homosexual tendencies. In fact, the last time I had my dick up another man's arse I think you could say I had quite a proclivity for it!
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Liked

A test

Maybe they should have them take the "How gay are you test" from this forum.
    Life is sexually transmitted and terminal.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze
    THE Vatican acknowledges that psychological tests could help identify candidates for the Catholic priesthood who show homosexual tendencies, according to a newly-released document.
    While condoning the use of such tests by Catholic seminaries, the document released today and approved by Pope Benedict XVI says they must be strictly voluntary.

"Deep-seated homosexual tendencies" and "uncertain sexual identity" are listed in the document along with "excessive rigidity of character" and "strong affective dependencies" as traits that might make a candidate unsuitable for the priesthood.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24 ... 01,00.html

this will involve wiring them up and parading groups of choir boys or muscle men in front of them.
    And this coming from a bunch of closet queens in strange drag...
    It's never been fully explained while that cheery current Pope who wears Gucci slip-ons, is called Brenda by his pals.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze
    Interesting that according to the article 'the Pedophile priest scandals that have hit the Catholic Church in recent years were not the "primary cause" behind the document .... but they helped "accelerate" the process and were "certainly a determining factor" '. Having banned "those who practice homosexuality, show profoundly deep-rooted homosexual tendencies, or support the so-called gay culture" by Papal decree on August 31 2005, Pope Benedict XVI is clearly following an even more hardline policy than his predecessor, John Paul II, who at least considered that homosexual orientation by Catholics was acceptable but homosexual activity was not.

It also appears to indicate that the Catholic church sees a stronger link between pedophiles and homosexuals than heterosexuals - possibly because, according to the same decree, homosexuals are considered not to have reached "emotional maturity".

Thank God (metaphorically) that I am no longer a Catholic.

Thankfully I was never a Catholic & resisted the attempts of many retarded schoolteachers to impose any other Christian religion upon me.

Having visited the Vatican, it does resemble a 2000 year old mafia scam that creams off money from poor & gullible worshippers to fund lavish buildings in an Italian tax haven.

So I shall ignore their medieval attitudes.

I see Wesley's friend God ...

... has just killed off over 200 Pakistanis in an earthquake. I guess even God needs a bit of R&R from deciding who should be gay

Liked

deleted for being dumb :blackeye:

Worrying ...

The most worrying thing to me is not so much "weeding out" those who are gay themselves, but also excluding those who are heterosexual but liberal enough to "support the so-called gay culture".

z909, I think anyone who "imposes" any religion on anyone else, particularly children, is wrong - fortunately my father, despite being raised as a Jesuit and being a strict Catholic himself, held a similar view. Interestingly Theravadan Buddhism, as practiced in Thailand, Burma and Sri Lanka, teaches that it is entirely up to the individual to "find Nirvana" for themselves, while Tibetan, Mahayana and Zen Buddhism consider that there is a responsibility to assist others on the path - one of the reasons why Theravadan Buddhism is one of the very few religions which cannot be held directly responsible for starting a war.

Liked

Temporary Solution

No matter what they do, I think it will only be a temporary solution. The problems that the have been occuring in the Catholic Church has very little to do with the sexual orientation of the Priest. The problem is celibacy itself, and not allowing priest to marry. I recently read a good article in the NYT's by op-ed editor and two times pulitzer Prize winner Nicholas D. Kristof

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/10/opini ... EDnYQo9tZQ