Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do about Henry Cate

Re: What to do about Henry Cate

Quote Originally Posted by Khor tose
    I give up. When it comes to Henry I am completely helpless, I have decided to put Henry on тАЬignoreтАЭ as I cannot come to another solution. Please bear with me while I describe my problem, and feel free to offer me any suggestions you may think would work.
    I owe Henry big time. Something that Henry did under his real name played a very important role in my life. Until I met him on this message board he was one of my heroes. I am not joking. I wish I could go into details, but I cannot without reveling his real name. So here is my problem. What the hell do you do when it turns out that your hero, not only has feet of clay, but also is best described as a jerk?
    I have tried to go after him a couple of times, but I feel guilty when I do, and when he comes back at me I am incapable of responding. My affection for the man runs smack into my intellectual distaste for his thinking, and I freeze between the two emotions. What makes it worse is that we live (at times) in the same town, and I also get reports on him that confirm his jerk status. Fortunately, we run in completely different circles, as my friends are not his friends, but I dread the day when we officially meet.
    I started this out asking for a solution, but what I think I am really trying to do is talk to Henry the only way I can. Henry are you the man you were eighteen years ago, or has cognitive impairment set in? Have you seen a doctor, and are there non-Shan friends around you who can assess your mental capabilities. I know you will take my questions as an insult, and I can only offer you my personal assurances that they are honest concerns. At the very worse my concerns may be my attempt to give you an excuse not to be the person you seem to be, but the person I wanted you to be. Henry you will get a kick out of this, but you are breaking my heart.
    Khor Tose says that he owes me "big time." NOT TRUE. He says that I played a very important role in his life. NOT TRUE. He says that I was "one of his heroes." NOT TRUE. He could, in fact, go into details withough revealing my name, but -- in fact, he doesn't have any details to go into.

His main point in this posting is to "establish the fact" that I am a "jerk."

Well, if I enjoy jerking off with handsome guys, does that make me a jerk? :-)

SCREAM! Has cognitive impairment set in? Or, cher Pierre, has poverty set in?

You have always been so proud of getting "Any Boy You Wanted," and for free, too! That was in 1998 or so, when you were just a few years younger than my boyf Brian. Brian was 26 or so, you were 28-29. Now you're pushing fifty -- or so the calculator says. One thing I definitely picked up on -- your Asian guys always used to be 20, and now your "New True Love" is 32. How long have you been together, Pierre? (And how long before you push him out the door for someone cuter?)

Hell, I'm a jerk, and I've been with MY boyf for 4 years -- going on forever. He does not want it to end, and neither do I.

But the point of this posting is not about gay marriage. It's about pointless insulting of gay men who [unbelievably] are not Democrats.

Sign me for the evening,

Republican Cocksucker

The solution is simple

.... My affection for the man runs smack into my intellectual distaste for his thinking, and I freeze between the two emotions. .....
    So invite him to dinner and don't talk politics.

Honestly, Americans (at least the ones I know) have all been brought up to know that we might disagree politically but that doesn't mean we can't be friends after an election. The one time we forgot this rule we ended up in a Civil War.

Would you refuse to talk to or befriend a Catholic or a Muslim because they disagree with your religious views?

Henry's politics piss me off to, but its just politics.
    (Besides, his Party is going to loose so its easier to be magnanimous :geek: )

Liked

Not just his politics

Wesley, Trongpaiexpat, KenC. I think you are correct this was stupid. It was heartfelt, but stupid. I am removing the post, I will keep Henry on ignore in order to maintain my sanity, and my apology to all, including Henry. I should have put him on ignore and just shut my mouth. My concerns about his mental health, while real, did belong in a PM. All I can say in my defense is that I am terribly frustrated by this situation. An explanation, not an excuse.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The solution is simple

Quote Originally Posted by kenc
    .... My affection for the man runs smack into my intellectual distaste for his thinking, and I freeze between the two emotions. .....
    So invite him to dinner and don't talk politics.

Honestly, Americans (at least the ones I know) have all been brought up to know that we might disagree politically but that doesn't mean we can't be friends after an election. The one time we forgot this rule we ended up in a Civil War.

Would you refuse to talk to or befriend a Catholic or a Muslim because they disagree with your religious views?

Henry's politics piss me off to, but its just politics.
    (Besides, his Party is going to loose so its easier to be magnanimous :geek: )
    oh yes..I often disagree with Homintern's quite rediculous views and vow to never speak to him again..in fact I've turfed out of my apartment at times.

(or was it the other way around ?)

I think the real problem here is that Pierre is obviously French and Henry being American, he's made the mistake of befreinding someone from "Old Europe" which we know Donald Rumsfield told us shouldn't be taken notice of.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Liked

Re: Not just his politics

Wesley, Trongpaiexpat, KenC. I think you are correct this was stupid. It was heartfelt, but stupid. I am removing the post, I will keep Henry on ignore in order to maintain my sanity, and my apology to all, including Henry. I should have put him on ignore and just shut my mouth. My concerns about his mental health, while real, did belong in a PM. All I can say in my defense is that I am terribly frustrated by this situation. An explanation, not an excuse.
    I think you can just delete the whole post if you want. If not, I am sure jinks would do it for you.
    E Dok Tong

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Cate
    [You have always been so proud of getting "Any Boy You Wanted," and for free, too! That was in 1998 or so, when you were just a few years younger than my boyf Brian. Brian was 26 or so, you were 28-29. Now you're pushing fifty -- or so the calculator says.
    If Pierre was a few years younger than Brian, who was "26 or so", how could he be "28-29"?

If Pierre was "28-29" in 1998, how can he be "pushing fifty" in 2008?

Khor Tose is an American in his late sixties.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybil
    [You have always been so proud of getting "Any Boy You Wanted," and for free, too! That was in 1998 or so, when you were just a few years younger than my boyf Brian. Brian was 26 or so, you were 28-29. Now you're pushing fifty -- or so the calculator says.
    If Pierre was a few years younger than Brian, who was "26 or so", how could he be "28-29"?

Gays age on a logarithmic scale. One year you're 40 and the next you're 69.

Euthanasia. You'd do it for his dogs if they had rabies, so why not for him?

Liked

Khor Tose is an American in his late sixties.
    Ooooouch that is early sixties, not late sixties. Lunchtime may be right, I wish I knew what this conversation was about, but I am better off in the blind then I was the other way.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by 555

Gays age on a logarithmic scale. One year you're 40 and the next you're 69.
    no dear it doesn't work like that..one year your'e 40 and the next you're 39 and forever will be.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.