List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I need some advice. What do I bring with me to Thailand?

Liked

I need some advice. What do I bring with me to Thailand?

As some of you know I am visiting for the first time in December. I have done a search but it was spotty at best and there is nothing in the resource forum.
    In your opinions what do I need do bring with me other than some clothes and personal items that I either can't buy in Thailand or is much cheaper or better bringing it with me from the States? Also, what do I need to buy quantities of when I get there for my "guests".....I mean do the guys use a lot of certain personal items like mouthwash, hair gel, etc.
    Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: I need some advice. What do I bring with me to Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by topjohn5
    In your opinions what do I need do bring with me other than some clothes and personal items that I either can't buy in Thailand or is much cheaper or better bringing it with me from the states?
    Things I've found cheaper in the US ... hmmm .... some vitamin tablets, fish oil capsules (why are they so expensive in Boots?). For some reason I have to hunt a bid harder for indigestion tablets, although there's plenty of goo to swallow for that. After that, I'm struggling. I frankly can't imagine providing the Mem'sahibs with hair gel (why would a bald fat old cunt have any of that?) and anyway a friend of mine has a rule of thumb that he says stands him in good stead - the spikier the boy's hair, the more useless he is in bed

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Goodness me... have you ever traveled overseas before? Are you going for a few weeks or 6 months?

Just bring what you'd normally bring when travelling! Common sense is a start. Sunscreen is a good idea. Condoms too.

If you're going anywhere remote bring a FA kit, Panadol and Immodium.

And as for toiletries... just buy whatever you normally use at home. If you run out... you can buy whatever you need (mouthwash included) in Thailand. I wouldn't bother comparing prices... I mean, really, with toiletries, we're talking about a few dollars here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Sunscreen is a good idea. Condoms too. If you're going anywhere remote bring a FA kit, Panadol and Immodium.
    I've never had a problem acquiring any of those anywhere in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Sunscreen is a good idea. Condoms too. If you're going anywhere remote bring a FA kit, Panadol and Immodium.
    I've never had a problem acquiring any of those anywhere in Thailand
    I know. I know. But what about common sense?

(Immodium is handy to have handy... because if you ever need it... it's nice not to have to go looking for it!)

t

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    Don't forget adaptors for any electrical appliances, razor, vibrator etc. Electricity in Thailand is 220v and plugs vary from two flat pins to three round pins.
    A lot of my electrical stuff - razors in particular - bought in America works perfectly well in Thailand and plugs straight in. The only problem I've ever found has been with the three-pin variety (as Thais for some reason don't believe in earthing too much!) but Thai 3-pin plugs usually accommodate US devices. The only think I found didn't work was a really obscure 9v adaptor that insisted on having nothing stronger than 110v. (I took it to Tawan Bar and it perked its ideas up :bounce: )

Insurance Policy

Make sure you take out an Insurance Policy that covers Medical, Flight Cancellations, Loss of Baggages, accident(s) and death and repatriation of remains. I always take out one that covers all these including Medivac. Medical bills would make you bankrupt if you are coming from USA. We can not pass another bill, as we finding difficult to get one through

Liked
    Goodness me... have you ever traveled overseas before? Are you going for a few weeks or 6 months?

Just bring what you'd normally bring when travelling! Common sense is a start. Sunscreen is a good idea. Condoms too.

If you're going anywhere remote bring a FA kit, Panadol and Immodium.

And as for toiletries... just buy whatever you normally use at home. If you run out... you can buy whatever you need (mouthwash included) in Thailand. I wouldn't bother comparing prices... I mean, really, with toiletries, we're talking about a few dollars here.
    Thanks Beach....
    Yes, I travel a lot out of the country so I am aware of the normal items. It's just that I don't usually go with so much sex on my agenda In addition, there may simply be items that are hard to find in Thailand....

Liked

Re: Insurance Policy

Quote Originally Posted by stevekoolguy
    Make sure you take out an Insurance Policy that covers Medical, Flight Cancellations, Loss of Baggages, accident(s) and death and repatriation of remains. I always take out one that covers all these including Medivac. Medical bills would make you bankrupt if you are coming from USA. We can not pass another bill, as we finding difficult to get one through
    Yes, Thanks Steve, I always do get one of these within a few days of making my first payment on a trip so I'm covered for pre-existing conditions and max. time for cancellations as well......

Absolute essentials...

Passport and ATM card!

You can get everything else in Thailand if need be.

I like to make sure I have my preferred toiletries (small bottles) only because I might find it hard to get the same in Thailand or the formulations might be different.

I also suggest a nice pair of slacks, a dressy shirt and nice shoes for evenings out. Really impresses the boys.

In addition to condoms and lube think about picking up a few cheap (disposable) toothbrushes for your "dates".