Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thai humor....or, if you prefer humour

I watch the Thai soaps every night, but I draw the line at the stand up jokers - compare it to the worst American comedy series, and you won't be that far off the best Thai comedians. One of the few pieces of humour appreciated by Thais as much as Brits (and probably even Americans) is the Mr Bean series.

Quote Originally Posted by "joseph44
    "....common Thais...."
    That is the sort of unpleasant expression I would associate with those who went to a grammar school or Winchester - most Thais would be more polite.

[quote=Gone Fishing]
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph44
    ....common Thais...."
    Quote Originally Posted by "Gone Fishing":3e4ouy6e
    That is the sort of unpleasant expression I would associate with those who went to a grammar school or Winchester - most Thais would be more polite.
    [/quote:3e4ouy6e]

As an ex pupil of Winchester, if only for a very short time, (less than one term) I would have to agree totally with that statement of yours above GF, even though it will probably cause me some considerable grief doing so. I also by the way, believe that Thais would most certainly be more polite.

For the benefit of some here in order to prevent over usage of your grey matter, there is nothing devious or even remotely interesting as to why I was only at the above institution for less than a term. I wish I were able to brighten up your day by telling you that there was.

Cheers,

George.

Quote Originally Posted by George
    As an ex pupil of Winchester ....
    You mean there are at least two Old Wykehamists on this forum? Now that really is common! You must have learn't something there though, George - after all, Manners Makyth Man. I wonder if your oppo was a Jemima before he became a Dorothy?

....and how very appropriate John Betjeman was:

Broad of Church and broad of mind,
    Broad before and broad behind,
    A keen ecclesiologist,
    A rather dirty Wykehamist.

Fortunately for all, I am the only one from my alma mater (and a colleger!).