Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Religion

Religion

I have spent a lot of time thinking about religion, and why most people can't do without it.

The most obvious example, for me, is all the people who abandoned "formal religion" only to take up some new religion, usually a political religion. The Marxists are the most obvious example.

But myself -- I have about as much religion as a pea. So I wonder about the other 95 percent of homo sap++, who apparently just cannot get through life without a religion. The most obvious cases are those who go from one religion to another, the eternal "seekers." The less obvious cases are fools like Clinton (yes I am referring to the former President) who "have no religion" but nevertheless become disciples of the American fool Ken Wilbur.

Another, unrelated issue is why Jimmy Carter's religion never hurt him, but George Bush's did. Is that consistent? To brand George Bush as some sort of religious maniac, and yet let His Senilility run free?

Many people can do without religion.
    Indeed many more people would do so, if vested interests did not spend so much time promoting their various religious businesses.
    Still, if the Catholic Church ever floated on the stock exchange, I bet Warren Buffet would buy shares.
    There are not many businesses that survive nearly 2000 years & have their HQ in their own little tax haven.

Quote Originally Posted by z909
    Indeed many more people would do so, if vested interests did not spend so much time promoting their various religious businesses.
    I'm of the view that if religion didn't exist we would have to invent it. Sadly the ones we have invented so far have succumbed to entropy. I guess the Reformation was an attempt to correct that, for the Western Christian Church. There's a collection of articles about religion on my Web page (see the WWW link below). And there's always http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 15886.html

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    careful Henry,Homintern is a well known heathen.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.