List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr or Ms Sawatdee Gay Thailand 2008.

Mr or Ms Sawatdee Gay Thailand 2008.

Being the time of year when a lot of awards are dished out, I thought that perhaps it would be nice, that rather than being derogatory in what we say in our posts about other members here, something we are all guilty of, myself included and at times more than most, it would be nice if we had an opportunity to say something positive about them instead.

I am proposing that this thread be used, whereby all of our members can nominate a fellow member to receive the title of Mr/Ms Sawatdee Gay Thailand for 2008. Members put forward to receive the title, should be ones whom you feel contribute to the board in a positive way by either, their informative posts, pictorial posts, or for example, their constant display of a good sense of humour, where they give us a good laugh every time we read their posts. Being devoid of one, there is no chance of myself being considered as a possible winner in that category, hey Hommie?

It's entirely up to you guys to vote for whomever you want and for whatever reason. Each individual member can put forward as many names as he likes. However it would be good and appreciated by me, if in only a few words, you gives a reason/s for your nomination/s.

I haven't spoken to Rainwalker yet as to the possibility of him hosting his annual Christmas drinks and buffet get together for members of this board, but if he is unable to do so this year, (something which I believe will be the case from what I have heard) and this proposal of mine is treated in the positive way I would like to see it treated by the members here, I would be agreeable in offering to host this years annual get together myself, as well of course, in being very happy to pick up the tab for it.

However, if this plan of mine does come off and I am able to host this years Christmas get together, while members will be able to drink whatever they want and as much as they want, I will be informing all of the staff behind the bar, that any requests for malt whiskey from anybody, must be made to me personally before it is served. My reason for doing this has nothing to do with costs, but rather to discover and to be able to once and for all dispel the myth, of whether there is any rumour whatsoever in the truth; that Hommie has never once visited Pattaya. :iconbiggrin:

Apart from being willing to host this years Christmas get together, I am also very happy to put up a trophy for the winner of the above award, which will presented on the same day. My one and only condition where this is concerned; is that the winner in accepting his award, will have no objection to revealing his real life identity. I guess I could say at this point, that because of this condition, it would be a waste of time for anyone thinking of doing so, to vote for someone such as the cowardly impala. However, because I have stated that I want to keep this thread positive, I will refrain from doing so.

When and if I get a reasonable amount of nominations for this award, I will offer my own noninations and organize a poll whereby it can be voted on by all members, even those that read the board but do not post. They would of course have to be members to vote and unlike some here, I believe their vote to be equally as valid and of the same importance, as the members that do post.

If it gets that far, I will give a date in December and a time that the Christmas party will be held, along with the name of the bar it will be held at. Who knows, if we are really lucky, or unlucky, depending on what your views are where this person is concerned, we may be able to persuade George Stanley to come along and sing a few numbers.

Now while I know my proposal will be very popular among the balloon chasers, it is one which I would like to see some genuine response given to it by all of the members here. So with all of the above said, is their a possibility that my proposal could be a goer and one that has a chance of seeing the light of day? Or alternatively, is it going to be one that doesn't even get off of the ground and is killed off from the very beginning? To use that very well known clich├й among us all here, I guess it is very muvch a case of: Up To You.

Cheers All,

George.

Nice idea George, but I have my doubts that the readers of SGT are philanthropic enough to go along with it - after all, why break the habit of a lifetime and and be nice to someone?

If you want nominations, then mine would be for Dodger. I have always enjoyed reading his honest accounts of life, both the ups and downs, and he has certainly given me lots to think about.

On the subject of the drinks bash, I am not sure if an appearance by Mr Stanley would rouse enthusiasm or not. .....Good Ol' GeeGee, just like Smack the Pony! Now, a lecture from Livingstone on the perils of exploring darkest Pattaya might be just the tonic, especially if it was an illustrated lecture.

Liked
    More intriguing, How about a list of Famous Ex-Sawatdee-ers who wouldn't re-enter this demented and nasty board if it was an up-turned-virgin-Thai-bubble-butt-pre-lubed-and-ready-for-a'ploughin' offered as first prize.

My list of such:

• Hedda[/*:m:2jij1v9y]
    • Surfcrest[/*:m:2jij1v9y]
    • Peter1969[/*:m:2jij1v9y]
    • Jaffarrafuckmyarab [/*:m:2jij1v9y]
    • Boygeenyus[/*:m:2jij1v9y]
    • RichLB[/*:m:2jij1v9y]
    • BadBoyBilly[/*:m:2jij1v9y]
    • The Colonel (AKA Herr Colon El)[/*:m:2jij1v9y]
    • Haloi[/*:m:2jij1v9y]
    • Mr Henry Cate (who is actually still here, but is on the brink of announcing a grievous moral issue wherebye he must vacate the Board in order to be true to his deep sense of integrity)[/*:m:2jij1v9y]

There are more but I've forgotten.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    More intriguing, How about a list of Famous Ex-Sawatdee-ers who wouldn't re-enter this demented and nasty board if it was an up-turned-virgin-Thai-bubble-butt-pre-lubed-and-ready-for-a'ploughin' offered as first prize.

My list of such:

• Hedda[/*:m:3q0t2y48]
    • Surfcrest[/*:m:3q0t2y48]
    • Peter1969[/*:m:3q0t2y48]
    • Jaffarrafuckmyarab [/*:m:3q0t2y48]
    • Boygeenyus[/*:m:3q0t2y48]
    • RichLB[/*:m:3q0t2y48]
    • BadBoyBilly[/*:m:3q0t2y48]
    • The Colonel (AKA Herr Colon El)[/*:m:3q0t2y48]
    • Haloi[/*:m:3q0t2y48]
    • Mr Henry Cate (who is actually still here, but is on the brink of announcing a grievous moral issue wherebye he must vacate the Board in order to be true to his deep sense of integrity)[/*:m:3q0t2y48]

Cheers ...
    Smiles, and I say this with the greatest of respect, Fuck off!

Seriously, great idea of yours Smiles, even though from that list of yours above, I personally know that four of those members, while they may well be doing so under different names, are still very much posting here. I also believe that such an idea needs a thread of it's own, Cow Jai? Nudge Nudge, Wink Wink.

A couple of nominations of mine in order to try and get the thread back on track, are fattman, for what I believe are his informative posts along with the congenial way he conducts himself on the forum the majority of the time: And Dodger, for as well as the reasons given above by gwm4asian, which I agree with totally, I also believe that his posts more than any other member here, absolutely ooze with honesty in the way they are written. More nominations from me later.

Cheers,

George.

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    George, I am stunned. What on earth can a FOF (fat old fart) like me have done to be nominated? Anyway, There are lots of good guys here who have made more positive contributions than me with detailed trip reports and so on. The only trips I get are over the kerb...
    Exactly the type of modest comment I expected from you fattman. So in response to your comment above of:There are lots of good guys here who have made more positive contributions than me with detailed trip reports How about some of their names from you then.

Cheers fattman,

George.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles

My list of such:

• Hedda[/*:m:3vcyits8]
    • Surfcrest[/*:m:3vcyits8]
    • Peter1969[/*:m:3vcyits8]
    • Jaffarrafuckmyarab [/*:m:3vcyits8]
    • Boygeenyus[/*:m:3vcyits8]
    • RichLB[/*:m:3vcyits8]
    • BadBoyBilly[/*:m:3vcyits8]
    • The Colonel (AKA Herr Colon El)[/*:m:3vcyits8]
    • Haloi[/*:m:3vcyits8]
    • Mr Henry Cate (who is actually still here, but is on the brink of announcing a grievous moral issue wherebye he must vacate the Board in order to be true to his deep sense of integrity)[/*:m:3vcyits8]

Cheers ...
    forgotten ?..how could you ?..LMTU & Earwig..the most famous of them all !

I nominate Homitern as Mizz Sawatdee..hideous, but she's an old bitch ( and a fat old cunt)so why not.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    If it's a drag competition here is my nomination.......

Most humorous i would go for Khun Lunchtime O`Booze.

Despite the occasional tempestuous outburst he does give us many a titter and some outrageous name dropping to boot.

Tongue firmly in cheek award would be a toss up between smiles & george.

Hard to choose most informative poster - believe it or not there are quite a few here! Just they dont post so much as others.

If you do hold the christmas party george i cant make it, but i would be happy to contribute something towards it.

Smiles...how could you forget Mr. X?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Hmmm... pick one as "best"? That'd be tough.

Without some sort of categories itтАЩd be really difficult for me to pick ONE posting member to nominate. Perhaps there could be nominations for things like:

Most Informative
    Most Opinionated (perhaps with a few sub-categories for the quantity on this board!)
    Best Peacemaker (thatтАЩs peace, not piece)
    Longest Posts (something for the size queens)
    Best Storyteller
    Brevity Award
    Most Clever
    Funniest Post
    Best Bar Report
    Best GoGo Club Report
    Best Massage Report
    Best Restaurant Report
    Best Travel Story
    Most Often Correct
    Most Humorous

Certainly too many above, but maybe some of them?

Personally I like reading the stories of personal experiences on the board. Nobody has to be a professional writer (or indeed not all that much of a typist) to tell a story, and we ALL have something to add. With very few exceptions IтАЩve enjoyed all of the experiences shared here. Even the repeated questions from newbies remind me of the excitement of my first visits.

Someone I do miss is Fatman41. He hasnтАЩt surfaced here in about a year. If heтАЩs out there, I hope heтАЩll renew a membership or drop me an email.