Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLL ...

Speechless

Quote Originally Posted by 555
    Despite your aggressive and insulting bluff and bluster, I will attempt to explain this in very simple terms so that even you might have a slim chance of catching my point.

You cite a publication titled "Real Thai". The item you refer to is Hainan Chicken. Hainan is an island off the southern coast of China from which many Chinese emigrated to South East Asia. It follows logically that the author, through using the words "Real Thai", is deluded as to the position of this island or who the Thai are or that her ontology is "exotic".

If by your charge of "ignorant" you mean that I am not well-read in recipe books, I plead guilty, but I do have a passion for authentic traditional cuisines which has perhaps made me cynical of the writers of recipes.

I've looked up your "Nancie" with Google and am convinced I was eating Hainanese Chicken Rice before she was born.

Have a nice day.
    So, if I go out to eat "Vietnamese Pho" in California, it follows that (1) I think Vietnam is in California (or Thailand, or wherever), and/or (2) the Vietnamese cooks made up this recipe all by themselves.

And, if you were eating Hainanese Chicken Rice before Nancie was born, SO WHAT?

The POINT is that dish has now been adopted by the Thai, to the point where someone with a brain would include it in a book about "real Thai" cooking, and also note that the dish came from the very same freeping spot you are talking about.

You have dealt yourself a losing hand, and I suggest you fold it.

But then again, you could keep up the struggle, and amuse everyone. "I REALLY MEANT....THAT BANGKOK WAS IN CHINA...." so on and so forth, might be quite amusing.

555 to you, clown.

Mark your calendars, ladies and gentlemen: Henry Cate is right about something.

Right about what? Hainan is not in Thailand. Really, it is not. Because Thais cook and eat Hainanese Chicken, the reality is that it is a Chinese dish eaten all over South East Asia. It is not "Real Thai".

It is too tiresome to respond to a troll who posts capitalised rants in quotes as if they are from his protagonist. Sorry Henry, the appellations you besmirch the righteous with pertain mainly to you. You are now being ignored.

Right about what? Hainan is not in Thailand. Really, it is not. Because Thais cook and eat Hainanese Chicken, the reality is that it is a Chinese Dish eaten all over South East Asia. It is not "Real Thai".
    The version made here is unique to Thailand. It is as "real Thai" as any other dish with roots or influences from other countries (which means, like nearly every dish you'll find on a Thai menu).

Next thing you'll be telling us is that pasta isn't "real Italian" as it was invented in China. Yawn.

We all know, and know well...

We all know that China is not in Thailand. You have put me on "Ignore" because you have been writing silly things.

As one other example:

I've looked up your "Nancie" with Google and am convinced I was eating Hainanese Chicken Rice before she was born.
    Well, that's an interesting statement! You might want to look up her website:

http://www.nanciemcdermott.com/thailand.htm

There, she clearly states that she went to Thailand as a Peace Corps volunteer in 1975. Hmm, I went to Tunisia as a Peace Corps volunteer in 1978.

Assuming roughly similar age trajectories, Nancie was about 20-22 when she went to Thailand. In 1975.

Now comes the math part, which might be too hard. Her Peace Corps service date marks her birthdate as "around" 1943.

And you are convinced that you were eating this dish before she was born? That is to say, you were chowing down on Hainanese Chicken before, say, 1943?

Were you eating it as a toothless babe? Or as a young adult? Are you trying to tell us, 555, that you were born in 1923, or what?

That would make you 82 years old, and a prime candidate for the sort of mental jiujitsu you have been performing so far. "Offer a stupid argument, follow it with a second, stupider argument, and then scream 'Oh shut up!' "

Liked

Henry's fuzzy math

From Henry Cate:
    There, she clearly states that she went to Thailand as a Peace Corps volunteer in 1975. Hmm, I went to Tunisia as a Peace Corps volunteer in 1978.

Assuming roughly similar age trajectories, Nancie was about 20-22 when she went to Thailand. In 1975.

Now comes the math part, which might be too hard. Her Peace Corps service date marks her birthdate as "around" 1943.
    Your math is really fuzzy Henry. If you would shut up once in awhile people would'nt know how stupid you are.
    Life is sexually transmitted and terminal.

Re: Nancy Boys

Quote Originally Posted by rincondog
    Just like a bunch of Nancy boys to have a tizzy over a cookbook.
    Oh, God, another self-loathing queer on this board.

Re: Henry's fuzzy math

Quote Originally Posted by rincondog
    From Henry Cate:

Your math is really fuzzy Henry. If you would shut up once in awhile people would'nt know how stupid you are.
    God, you're right. She went in 1975, and I went in 1968. That makes her 7 years younger than me. A 55yo girl.

But still, 555's claim that he was chowing down on Hainanese Chicken before she was born......has not attracted any comment from 555.

Smiles - Cry-Baby

Smile you are like a cry-baby, I mean nobody's child. You are jumping from one forum to another complaining about others and doing the same thing here. When you get chased out from here where would you go? May be where you belong to "Hell Fire"

It is too tiresome to respond to a troll who posts capitalised rants in quotes as if they are from his protagonist. Sorry Henry, the appellations you besmirch the righteous with pertain mainly to you. You are now being ignored.
    A Troll 555? I believe that you are well out of order in calling Henry a troll and as far as I am concerned, his posts do not resemble those of a troll in any way shape or form. I am beginning to think that Hommie is 100 per cent correct in his belief and certainly in your case, that all one has to do in order to qualify them for being considered as a troll and disliked on this forum, is to have a different opinion than the one someone else has, in this case you.

As far as your placing Henry on ignore, with respect, don't you think that this was somewhat immature on your part? I take no sides in the argument between the two of you in this thread, so will make no comment as to whom I believe is right. Well other than Hommie that is.

Cheers,

George.