I took a drive out Jomtien Beach Road in the last few days, well beyond Soi Chaiyapruek, where I usually turn up toward Sukhumvit. On this day, I decided to go further out
Jomtien Beach Road to see where the Pattaya City southerly boundary on Jomtien Beach Road is now located. I found the new boundary marker right in front of the street marker for Soi 19. So Jomtien's city limits now spread southerly to Jomtien Beach Soi 19, and then the line heads up to Sukhumvit somewhere westerly of where the Indoor Sports Arena has been built on Chaiyphruek Road -- and I think I have spotted the marker on Sukhumvit, but it is not as clearly a boundary marker (on Sukhumvit) as the one on Jomtien Beach road which specifically says "'Pattaya City Boundary Marker."

After turning off toward Sukhumvit, I noted that there is still quite a distance on Jomtien Beach Road as it heads out toward Hotel La Royale, but I am not sure the road goes all the way through to Hotel La Royale, but a sign on Jomtien Beach road where I turned off did indicate a direction sign to "La Royale Beach" as heading directly south on the Jomtien Beach Road.

Maybe an adventure for another day.

G.P.