Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lonely looking Italian restaurant worth a try

Liked

Lonely looking Italian restaurant worth a try

I had been bitching about the coffee I had been served in Pattaya when I saw a sign for Lavazza the brand my local cafe at home serves. The Italian restaurant just near Thais for Life seems to never have any customers, but I needed a good caffiene
    fix

I ended having an early dinner as the rain started as I got there The chef is really Italian and the menu was surprising in choices. I asked the chef to select for me. He also offered a chilled imported rose which was also most pleasant All I had wanted was a mains plus a good long black. [ not what some call american coffee]
    I was impressed enough to let him select one of his deserts and another glass.

It was my last night and I had a few people to have a final drink with, so left quicker than I normally would

There are 4 special menus on the board out the front. I lost the paper with the dishes I had and the cost of the specials

A fraction dearer than the local restaurants but worth a try. I enjoyed it and will dine there again next trip for sure.

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Re: Lonely looking Italian restaurant worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    All I had wanted was a mains plus a good long black.
    Up in Chao Na's neck of the woods (off Sukhumvit) there are quite a few Africans if you like that sort of thing, lonelywombat

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    lonelywombat wrote:

He also offered a chilled imported rose

I've been trying to get my hands on a good "rose" that's not imported...any ideas???

Liked

Re: Lonely looking Italian restaurant worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    All I had wanted was a mains plus a good long black.
    Up in Chao Na's neck of the woods (off Sukhumvit) there are quite a few Africans if you like that sort of thing, lonelywombat
    One of my favorite lines is I like my coffee like I have my men---long and black

I tried to forestall your obvious comment and hijacking the thread
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Forum's veteran
    Liked

soi yensaibai

I have enjoyed this same Italian restaurant, very close to Thais4Life bookstore and
    All Boys, if a boy bar reference makes it location clearer.
    The lasagne special is a treat and you have a choice of two starters, both excellent,
    and the meal was reasonably priced.
    We will have to try the coffee next time.

By the way , their business seems to have picked up some and last time I ate there it
    was fairly full. Sorry, but I cannot recall the name of the restaurant. There is an
    Italian chef and the chief waitress is his wife and speaks English well. Friendly place
    and tasty food.. :cat:

Liked
    I also ate there once- quite a while ago - and can vouch for the quality.

The worst Italian restaurant in Pattaya, by the way, must be the small one on Second Road somewhere alongside El Toro (i.e. acoss the road from the Royal Garden centre). The lasagne I ate (or, rather, did not eat) there was pure slop.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

I live in Dusit District, not Sukhumvit.

Good Coffee

Slightly off topic, but one of the best places for a good coffee is Oscars in Boyztown.

Liked
    I agree its a good place, good value. Excellent espresso. Pretty good risotto, pretty good lasagna. I don't recommend the pasta with pesto (kind of a boring version). For desert the panacotta with chocolate is nice.
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

Volterra

The restaurant described in the original post (close to Thais4Life bookshop) is named Volterra.

An Italian chef working the kitchen, together with his Thai wife running the front-of-house.

Good food at reasonable prices, is my recommendation after eating there a number of times.
    ..........and that's the way it is.