Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thaksin on the move?

Liked
    That was helpful, Mr. Rice Farmer. PP has a valid point in my view. Shinawatra was very likely a corrupt politician which, of course, doesn't distinguish himself from any other of the Thai politicians on the scene; yet, his administration at least did some things that benefitted the poor (the 30-baht health scheme, agricultural loans to the poor, etc.). Can you name anything that any other Thai administration has done in the last 20 years which assisted the rural poor to any degree?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    ... his administration at least did some things that benefitted the poor (the 30-baht health scheme, agricultural loans to the poor, etc.) ...
    Those benefits are arguable; they may have helped him win consecutive elections but that was probably the only "benefit" that was delivered to anyone, including the poor

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    The health scheme was a good move ...
    ... apart from all the under-funded hospitals, teetering on the brink of bankruptcy

Don't forget the 3,000 odd Thais, kids as well as Grandmothers who were shot down in their homes and the streets (without trial) during his so called anti drug crusade.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    The health scheme was a good move ...
    ... apart from all the under-funded hospitals, teetering on the brink of bankruptcy
    ...not to mention the resultant exodus of doctors and nurses from that under-funded (and therefore poor paying) system to the more lucrative (well-paying) private system.
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]