Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Topman rip off ???

Liked

Topman rip off ???

Being a poor worker I don't usually have that much free time to wander out, but tonight a friend and I thought we would visit Topman (Sunee Plaza) to see the new cabaret show and see what was what. On the table there is placed in plain view a menu card for drinks - soft drinks B1?0 (didn't pay much attention to the soft drink price!) standard drinks B140 and premium drinks B150. Having ordered a Breezer Manao was some what surprised to find I was charged B180 - and when queried the staff said it was the only drink priced at more than B150.

So gentlemen, I just wondered if the same trick had been pulled on any of you with another style of beverage!

By the way the show was dreadful, with an elderly falang (owner?) VERY badly lip-syncing love songs dedicated to his boyfriend. In fact it is so bad it's almost worth a look as you will appreciate the mediocre fair available else where in Pattaya/Jomtien!

This was my first visit to Sunee for a long long time ... and I certainly won't be rushing back to this particular venue!

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

I always go to the Krazy Dragon. I find it to be a fun place to go, the drink prices are good most drinks 110baht or draught chang 80baht. They have a show about 10:30

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Topman rip off ???

Quote Originally Posted by Patexpat
    Being a poor worker I don't usually have that much free time to wander out, but tonight a friend and I thought we would visit Topman (Sunee Plaza) to see the new cabaret show and see what was what. On the table there is placed in plain view a menu card for drinks - soft drinks B1?0 (didn't pay much attention to the soft drink price!) standard drinks B140 and premium drinks B150. Having ordered a Breezer Manao was some what surprised to find I was charged B180 - and when queried the staff said it was the only drink priced at more than B150.

So gentlemen, I just wondered if the same trick had been pulled on any of you with another style of beverage!

By the way the show was dreadful, with an elderly falang (owner?) VERY badly lip-syncing love songs dedicated to his boyfriend. In fact it is so bad it's almost worth a look as you will appreciate the mediocre fair available else where in Pattaya/Jomtien!

This was my first visit to Sunee for a long long time ... and I certainly won't be rushing back to this particular venue!

Oh god, DO NOT go to Topman. It is terrible. The show is very very mediocre and the owner has almost no enthusiasm as the MC.

When the owner gets up and starts lip-syncing songs towards the end, he barely knows the words and it leaves everyone cringing in their seats. I left. It's no wonder they only had 4 customers when I was there.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    I have also heard numerous reports of the awful fat Frenchman who thinks he is an
    entertainer and makes the customers cringe and want to flee. Those who enjoy
    this type of entertainer seem to be the same who enjoy watching massive farangs
    in full drag behaving like old ladies with heavy makeup and faces that would
    give children nightmares for weeks. It must be a French thing but the Brits seem
    to find this fun as well.. To each his own but thanks for the warning guys unless
    you like this type of torture.. :cat:

I have never had a happy experience at Topman...it is indeed dreadful. Do they still allow smoking???

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    I. It must be a French thing but the Brits seem
    to find this fun as well.. To each his own but thanks for the warning guys unless
    this is the worst i`ve seen. cant beat a good drag queen.

p.s - he is not the owner. Lou Lou doesnt do drag lol

Liked
    maybe we need a poll on rate the bars before busy season begins

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    I have also heard numerous reports of the awful fat Frenchman who thinks he is an
    entertainer and makes the customers cringe and want to flee. Those who enjoy
    this type of entertainer seem to be the same who enjoy watching massive farangs
    in full drag behaving like old ladies with heavy makeup and faces that would
    give children nightmares for weeks. It must be a French thing but the Brits seem
    He's French? His performance was so terrible I couldn't even tell what kind of accent he had. No enthusiam or skill at all...

I couldn't tell if he was dellusional and thought he was giving a good performance... or if he was well aware of how terrible it was and just trying to get through another difficult night.

And I couldn't tell if the show was normally supposed to be this bad or it was just bad that night because there were so few customers.

God only knows how he survives. There are about 8-9 performers needed to put on the show. I didn't see any gogo boys there... so if he's just earning from drinks he can't have been taking more than 3000baht the night I was there. Before 11:30pm the bar was completely empty and when the show came on, there were only 4 customers in the audience.

Liked
    well excluding us two, there were 3 other people in the audience last night .... and at best the performance from the Falang could be described as 'overly self indulgent' .... or alternatively just plain cr*p!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Liked

Decline of Topman

Over a number of years, I have enjoyed an ossasional visit to Topman. The go-go boys were pleasant to watch before the show, and the show was not real great, but an enjoyable diversion for an hour or so. Honest triers. The bar could be a good place to take a boy for a bit of entertainment.

Times have changed. The go-go boys are gone.
    I took a friend there to see the advertised 10.00 show a few nights ago. We ordered Bacardi breezers (my friend likes them) at 180 B a shot. I admit I did not consult any price list. Seems a bit high in price to me.
    At 10.00 we were the only 2 customers. The fat Frenchman was walking through the bar, in and out, SMOKING. No one else does.
    At 10.07, no other customers, no sign of a show, my boy said he wanted to go, did not feel comfortable. We paid and left.

I won't be back any time soon. Sadly, I think the new ownership/management has stuffed the bar, and fear it won't last. Others may disagree, but this is how I see it.
    ..........and that's the way it is.