FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: McCain Picks Palin

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Another Sarah Palin posting

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Cate
    This is not in reply to anyone else.

I would simply note that everyone's former hero, Hillary Clinton, glided to the top by being married to The Boss.

Sarah Palin, by contrast, did it all herself. So, in this sense, she strongly resembles Margaret Thatcher.

The current election in America has become even more interesting.
    NOW THAT IS WHERE YOU ARE WRONG HENRY !

It was Bill Clinton who glided to the top by being married to The Boss !
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

?

Henry Cate said about my comment on Grizzley Palin: "Well, that is clear, at least. You give a rather muddled list of reasons not to like Sarah Palin -- some of which are total fabrications -- and then conclude by openly stating that you are scared that Americans will vote Republican.

I also note that this thread has absolutely died since Sarah Palin gave her immensely interesting speech at the Republican Convention. Before that, all the pundits were theorizing that she would resign because her daughter was pregnant (?!).

Oh, they picked the Wrong Target! As Sarah herself noted, in an offhand remark, "What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull." Pause. Smile. "Lipstick..." "

Question: What information about Palin in my post was "fabricated"? Ok, maybe Palin knows (after being briefed the last 5 days) where Taiwan and Thailand are. If McCain happened to have medical problems and Palin had to take over the job as presidency, would Americans REALLY want this "pit bull with lipstick" really be in charge? If the Republicans had to select a woman as a running mate, they could have chosen a more worldly, experienced person. Choosing Palin is an embarassment to most educated, career women in the United States. And the USA doesn't need any more "pit bulls" in the White House.It needs someone that can think calmly and willing to communicate to the international community even when there are disagreements instead of calling them "evil doers".

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Cate
    This is not in reply to anyone else.

I would simply note that everyone's former hero, Hillary Clinton, glided to the top by being married to The Boss.

Sarah Palin, by contrast, did it all herself. So, in this sense, she strongly resembles Margaret Thatcher.

The current election in America has become even more interesting.
    Well, Henry, this comment is posted in reply to that.
    Although I am no fan of Hillary Clinton, what you say about her is absolutely untrue. You obviously don't have
    a clue about her history (other than that she's been married to Bill Clinton). Nobody - even the Republicans - argued
    she wasn't qualified to be president.
    Comparing Sarah Palin to Margaret Thatcher is like comparing a pony on a carousel to Secretariat. Hardly in the same
    class. And, if you truly believe that Sarah Palin is qualified to be either the vice president or the president, I still think
    you're a nice guy but a nice guy with half a brain. I like Palin personally - seems like a nice lady - but she isn't even
    close to being qualified or experienced enough to be anywhere near the white house!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Although I am no fan of Hillary Clinton, what you say about her is absolutely untrue. You obviously don't have a clue about her history (other than that she's been married to Bill Clinton). Nobody - even the Republicans - argued she wasn't qualified to be president.
    I think on this one you may be missing Henry's point (not that difficult to do since he always argues from his Libertarian textbook rather than any principles of logic). You are right - I don't recall anyone arguing that she wasn't qualified to be president. What they have argued is that she wouldn't have been favourite to be nominee at one point, and then just missing out on the magic 50%, had she not been Bill Clitoris' wife. That is a perfectly valid point, and I think it's the one poor dear muddled Henry was trying to make

However, comparing Palin to Maggie is just textbook Libertarianism. The Republican publicity machine is in overdrive. Speaking of which, where's Henry Cate's soul-mate, bucknaway?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    .... I like Palin personally - seems like a nice lady ....
    Yeah, and Dan Qualye seemed like a nice guy at first too. Then after a bit everyone found out what a boob he was.

Palin might seem like a "tough cookie" but remember she's another of these anti-abortion/no sex before marriage/creationism in schools/guns for everyone- right wing nut cases.

And Henry says she "made it to the top". Right....of ALASKA. Less people live there than in San Francisco.

The husband is a real yahoo also.

This is all part of the old Republican ploy to paint themselves as "average folk" and the Dems as "elitists".

McCain and his mega-rich wife and their 8 houses "average folk"? Gimme a break.

oh, we'll be finding out a LOT more about Sarah Palin, beleive me.

Quote Originally Posted by kenc
    Palin might seem like a "tough cookie" but remember she's another of these anti-abortion/no sex before marriage/creationism in schools/guns for everyone- right wing nut cases.
    No only no sex before marriage but no sex education either ... with a 17-yo unmarried daughter who's up the spout. I love politicians!

Just back in the states after a week and a half through Japan I am surprised by a very apathetical public. The most answers I get to what do u think of all this is a very serious "I'm moving to Canada" (I am near Canada) because the choices are so bad. Most disturbing of all is how many times I have been asked why I would vote for a Muslim. I didn't know that he was a Muslim. However I can vouch that a lot of people here really do believe Obama is Muslim. I think they got this idea in their email.

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    Are American that prejudiced?
    In a word, yes they are.

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    Are American that prejudiced? Do they see all muslims as being 9/11 style terrorists?
    Yes - that's their beef about Obama - he's "really" a Muslim

Liked
    Palin,is a tough lady and I would hate to be in her cross hairs either by gun or at work, best not to underestimate this move. by contrast she has more experience than Obama and can run a state a town a home and balance all that with keeping a good looking husband happy. best to wait before you count either of these fighters out.

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes