Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain Picks Palin

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    "When I first saw the title of your thread Ponbkk, I thought you meant Michael. That said, having heard her, Sarah that is, talk on TV last night, you have to agree with me that she does sound a little like Michael, when he was using one of his funny Python voices."

McCain's campaign is becoming more Pythoneseque by the day.

I think it just went from a walk-in for Obama to a landslide.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Is youse a bettin man?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze
    "When I first saw the title of your thread Ponbkk, I thought you meant Michael. That said, having heard her, Sarah that is, talk on TV last night, you have to agree with me that she does sound a little like Michael, when he was using one of his funny Python voices."

I'll bet you 50 baht that Nobama does NOT win in a "landslide" -- and a "landslide" means specifically LBJ vs Goldwater (1964) or Ronald Reagan vs WhatsHisName (1984).

Fifty baht! That's more than ONE DOLLAR! Do you have the balls (oops, sexist language) to back up your say-so's with hard freeping cash?

And if you lose, my gang will come down to Pattaya and break your legs! :-)

Of course, I would have to find a gang first....(duh)

Not just me sayin'

тАЬI woke up and my e-mail was just going crazy,тАЭ said Charmaine Yoest, head of the legislative arm of Americans United for Life and a former top official in Mike HuckabeeтАЩs presidential campaign. тАЬAnd then when it was announced тАФ it was like you couldnтАЩt breathe.тАЭ

The media elite тАФ as well as elite members of the GOP consulting community тАФ have all but mocked Palin as a former small-town mayor with zero Washington experience. But that view of her totally misses the cultural resonance she carries to crucial Republican power centers and could not be more at odds with the jubilation felt among true believers that one of their own is on the ticket.

Palin, say conservative activists, has instantly changed how they feel about McCainтАЩs campaign and spurred them to go to work for the Republican ticket.

First, though, theyтАЩre expressing their newfound fondness for McCain with their checkbooks. Since tapping Palin, the campaign has raised nearly $7 million online, according to McCain aides.

Most importantly for McCain, the two constituencies who are most energized by Palin just happen to be the twin grassroots pillars of the GOP: anti-abortion activists and pro-Second Amendment enthusiasts and sportsmen. Without these two camps making phone calls, stuffing envelopes and knocking on doors, Republican presidential candidates would severely lack for volunteers. They are critical to the health of the conservative coalition that has dominated Republican politics for a generation.
    Let's see how this all pans out!

Liked

i don't think he's quite as funny as George W. but he gets my vote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnLCK3knuY8
    [color=#0000BF]why you no risson[/color]

Re: Smart

Quote Originally Posted by Khor tose
    Give McCain some credit. This is a very smart choice for several really good reasons. He is still going to lose, but the choice was smart.
    No. McCain, as usual, was shooting from the hip. That's his style. He's not a "Maverik" he's a KOOK. It's a kooky decision and its gonna haunt him bigtime.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Is youse a bettin man?

[quote=Henry Cate]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Lunchtime O'Booze":29mqdd7u

I'll bet you 50 baht that Nobama does NOT win in a "landslide" -- and a "landslide" means specifically LBJ vs Goldwater (1964) or Ronald Reagan vs WhatsHisName (1984).

Fifty baht! That's more than ONE DOLLAR! Do you have the balls (oops, sexist language) to back up your say-so's with hard freeping cash?

And if you lose, my gang will come down to Pattaya and break your legs! :-)

Of course, I would have to find a gang first....(duh)[/quote:29mqdd7u]

I only bet in champagne..so it's a bottle of Bollinger thank you when I win !..and the highly unlikely case I don't-Homitern will pay up.

Quote Originally Posted by George
    Obama would have the enourmous task as one of his very first duties, of attempting to restore the way the country and it's people are looked on by the rest of the world, to the same favourable way it was looked upon in the past..
    I think you will find you are mistaken with your choice of the words restore and past? America hasn't been looked upon favorably by anyone ever. Ok perhaps the lunatics in Israel and pre liberated South Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I think you will find you are mistaken with your choice of the words restore and past? America hasn't been looked upon favorably by anyone ever. Ok perhaps the lunatics in Israel and pre liberated South Africa.
    I think you'll find, Young Master Cedric, that there was a modicum of gratitude following the 1939-1945 War

A pretty sweeping statement

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Quote Originally Posted by George
    Obama would have the enourmous task as one of his very first duties, of attempting to restore the way the country and it's people are looked on by the rest of the world, to the same favourable way it was looked upon in the past..
    America hasn't been looked on favorably by anyone ever. So you missed out on Lafayette, the French attempt to copy the American Revolution, the liberation of Europe on D-Day, all the way down to the surprising (and ignored) massive Korean welcome given to (shudder) Bush, a few weeks back.

Nope, nobody has EVER looked on America favorably. They just copy American culture slavishly, right down to walking around in hip-hop gear.

I hope, dear Cedric, that your mind has not been taken over and consumed by envy. You know, people used to look up to the British and admire them, world-wide. My explanation for this is that the British were by MILES the most generous and benevolent colonial power. But I suspect that British public-admiration shares have fallen a bit.

Especially with such repellent nonsense as granting ministerial interviews to the PETA kooks, while all the time overlooking much more serious problems at home and abroad. Games are fine, and equestrian games are fine -- but there's a bit more to life than that.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    shouldn't that really be black-American hip hop gear ?

I adore America and lived in New York for 2 years-it was the happiest time of my life but the place is built on so many myths-possibly why we love it so much.

My historical ( and sometime hysterical) readings reveal so much that has been invented-like the famous Boston Tea Party where the the colonialists had only ever paid a 169 pounds in tax to the UK which had spent nearly 200 thousand pounds trying to collect it..the original tax dodgers who began a wonderful movement..or that Paul Revere never made it through that great ride but got arrested a third of the way..and even the Declaration Of Independance was the colony really divorcing itself from ther insane King George-rather than England whose traditions the colonialists wanted to keep intact..afterall-that is where they mostly came from !

I think the nuttiest of all is the declaration that "All men Are Created Equal.."..equal to what ?..certainly not each other..they come in all sizes and shapes and colours and most certainly at birth-the one thing they are most defintely not-is equal ( and this written by men who kept slaves !). Presumably they really meant.."should be born equal"..or "will have the opportunity to become equal in wealth and opportunity etc"..but we know that's never going to happen.

but it's the idea of America that is wonderful and I fully subscribe to it and adore it..even though it's one of the greatest myths
    perpetuated ! :cheers:

vote John McCain / Sarah Palin '08 Dumb & Dumber !