Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is Georgia????

Liked
    Indeed , I've been playing dumb all this time as a cover; My dear Khun Booze. I have heard of your wonderful Russian heritage,

Fsivo Horoshiva

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Re: NEW Russians

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley
    .... I have a particular knowledge because of my time in the former Soviet states and the Russians do love to talk about their great time of glory when they ran everything from Berlin to China.
    ....since the USA has been for some time tied up in Afghanistan and Iraq to take on a new strategic problem with the Balkans. ....
    Dammit! Would youse guys quit with the Balkans already! Get an atlas or google it or wiki it or something!

BALKANS - WEST side of the Black Sea, think Yugoslavia, Serbia, Croatia, Albania

CAUCASES - EAST side of the Black Sea, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Chechnya

Re: American knowledge of geography

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Cate
    I am sure opinions on the Kuomintang vs. the Thai Communists will differ violently, but so far I stick with my general observation, which is: "Take a good long look at SE Asia. Look at Burma, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Thailand. One country is clearly far in the lead, not just economically but by almost any standard. I attribute this to the fact that Thailand was never colonized, and never suffered under a Communist government".
    Let's selectively forget Singapore and Malaysia, both of which were colonized. While Malaysia has self-inflected a number of wounds, notably the Bumiputra policy, it also suffered a Communist insurgency, just as Thailand did. Both countries were formerly colonized, Malaysia is nevertheless on a par with Thailand; Singapore is well ahead

Homi got in there before this old colonial. Talk about selecting the facts tro fit your argument. I believe it's taught as part of "show & tell" in "grade 3".

OTOH the role of the British has been selectively written off the tourist plaques in Singapore where Chinese Merchants set up so many successful enterprises despite the dumbass rubber planters. I wonder who'll write their history in 100 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 555
    Homi got in there before this old colonial. Talk about selecting the facts tro fit your argument. I believe it's taught as part of "show & tell" in "grade 3"
    Sadly poor old Henry isn't one of the Board's deep thinkers (and I don't say that as a racist :cyclopsani: ) for all his pretensions

Indeed , I've been playing dumb all this time as a cover; My dear Khun Booze. I have heard of your wonderful Russian heritage,

Fsivo Horoshiva

Wes
    Chego tolko ne prochitaesh.

doh!

At least I have no will to comment that Georgian - Russian war crap.

Liked

Re: NEW Russians

Quote Originally Posted by kenc
    .... I have a particular knowledge because of my time in the former Soviet states and the Russians do love to talk about their great time of glory when they ran everything from Berlin to China.
    ....since the USA has been for some time tied up in Afghanistan and Iraq to take on a new strategic problem with the Balkans. ....
    Dammit! Would youse guys quit with the Balkans already! Get an atlas or google it or wiki it or something!

BALKANS - WEST side of the Black Sea, think Yugoslavia, Serbia, Croatia, Albania

CAUCASES - EAST side of the Black Sea, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Chechnya
    Baltics or Balkns does make a diffference, but same problem. if your too close to Putin your scewed,
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by tehneut

Fsivo Horoshiva

Wes
    Chego tolko ne prochitaesh.

doh!

At least I have no will to comment that Georgian - Russian war crap.
    Privit,

Good it seems enough people have shown thier igrorance on the subeject and country about the size of South Carolina,
    BTW was that duh
    Wes

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

Georgia?

Georgia - that is CNN and Coca-Cola!

Liked

map

right in the middle of Russia and Turkey