Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Image Limo

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    What's the normal speed for taxis to travel on the highways to Pattaya?.... Mine was going around 160 or 170kms/hr. Certainly got us there quick.

How are the limos different? Do they drive slower?
    The speed limit on the tollways is 120kph -- I haven't seen any speed limit signs on the motorway portion so am not sure, but I believe it is less - I'm guessing 110kph. But, to answer your question, whatever they can get away with.

As for hiring a car with driver, it does not guarantee the driver will drive slower. I and friends took one popular service to Bangkok. I was on the edge of my seat all the way - the driver was speeding, tailgating, and continuously switching lanes. My friend that booked the car said he had used them often, usually with much safer drivers. Whatever, I swore off using that service.

My last pick up at Suvarnabhumi by Image Limo was last May - the driver was inside waiting at the point where I exited Customs. Also, the many times I have used Image, the driver has always driven sensibly -- sitting in the back, I have not paid attention to the speed - so, like most people, may speed a bit, but not so much I noticed.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    In Phuket, the speed indicators are disabled in all the taxis. Has anyone else noticed this? It really makes me feel safer. :drunken:

Quote Originally Posted by 2lz2psawng
    Also, the many times I have used Image, the driver has always driven sensibly -- sitting in the back, I have not paid attention to the speed - so, like most people, may speed a bit, but not so much I noticed.
    Yes, my friend swears by the reliability of their drivers when they're driving him - plus he has an obsession about cars with seat-belts in the back, which Bangkok taxis rarely have. It's just his lack of success being met that irks him

I booked the much recommended P&G service for my transfer to Pattaya 10 days ago. They promised to be displaying a name sheet at gate 3 but were not there when I arrived. I called them on the payphones behind gate 3.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at gate 3".

"Where about?"

Duh? "At the payphones"

"Do you have mobile?"

"No. I'm at the pay phones"

Twenty minutes later a driver appears with an A4 paper, not being displayed but I notice my name on it. During the whole of this time I'm being harassed by uniformed reps of some other company.

I do wonder if this company has paid someone for an advantage. The P&G driver was very wary of waving a name sign.

Frankly, I think the new airport is a disgrace and this is only one aspect of it.

I have every sympathy for small enterprises like P&G who are trying to make an honest buck under harassment.

As to IL. I used them once and the service was excellent; good speed, careful driving, my choice of music, cold towels, etc, but they are not good value for their price in my view.

DELETED

taxi

Those prices look crazy I have been using the same company for years, they have never let me down including always being there to pick me up on arrival. 1000bht plus tolls private car try them on khrongfa@ego.co.th or 087740293

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    To go from the airport, I don't see anything wrong with getting into the meter taxi line (maybe 5 minutes?) then jumping in a normal Toyota taxi... it costs 350baht and you avoid the hassles of finding "1 driver".... and the added expense.

Paying more for a limo might be worth it for longer journeys, like to go to Pattaya or Hua Hin... as you get a bigger car and are a bit safer. Unlike flying (where the difference between econ and business is vast on a long flight), I don't feel the rest of the comforts make that much of a difference. I usually sit up the front anyway... and this is from someone who's used to sitting in Mercs and Audis

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes, new airport a disgrace

I agree with 555

The new airport is a disgrace. I'm surprised, as I remember reading about it being hailed as an amazing new construction.

The only thing amazing is the size.. was much needed to supplement the old airport.

Everthing else - the layout, design, signage, etc. is terrible. It's a terrible way to welcome new people to the country... greeting them with 3rd world chaos. Arrivals is a terrible mess. I saw a lot of tourists wondering whether they were in line for taxis... or for nothing. The line for taxis stretched through doorways and around corners. If it were a temporary thing, this would be ok, but airport taxi lines are known to be long and certainly justify the construction of something more permanent!

The interior design is barebones... more grey than anything else.

I was astounded how bad the signage at departures was.

The Thais are great at a lot of things... but I get the feeling that things like infrastructure, advanced technologies and pro-active strategy are something they're very far behind on. I guess they are comfortable...

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    To go from the airport, I don't see anything wrong with getting into the meter taxi line (maybe 5 minutes?) then jumping in a normal Toyota taxi... it costs 350baht and you avoid the hassles of finding "1 driver".... and the added expense.
    Personally the idea of traveling at a zillion miles an hour in a flimsily built car with no seat belts does nothing for me, but I guess if that's the tourist experience you're after then go for it