Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Living longer

Living longer

Today has been a good news day for the ex-pat denizens of Pattaya. A new drug (called "rember", presumably for those who don't recall the word is spelt "remember") supposedly slows Alzheimers to such an extent it could almost be called a cure for those in the early stages. And then there's a book on the quest for a longer life (warning to WhiteDesire - many long words) - http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-magazine ... ness.thtml

Re: Living longer

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Today has been a good news day for the ex-pat denizens of Pattaya. A new drug (called "rember", presumably for those who don't recall the word is spelt "remember") supposedly slows Alzheimers to such an extent it could almost be called a cure for those in the early stages. And then there's a book on the quest for a longer life (warning to WhiteDesire - many long words) - http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-magazine ... ness.thtml
    This statement sounds like a "repeat" to me Hom. Fresh material mate!!

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Actually I took special note of this drug REMBER as I have a dear old Scots friend whose boyfriend of the last 40 years -and was once about third in charge of the BBC is deteriorating weekly from altheimers. I'm convinced it's driving my dear old 81 year old to a breakdown . The altheimer's one does the cooking and cooks brussels sprouts and sausages every single night and goes absolutely bananas if it's suggested the diet be altered.

I'm also a bit worried for myself..my dear old Dad spent his last few years wandering the streets at 4am in his pyjamas, and telling me to look at the dancing mice on top of his wardrobe.."aren't they wonderful" he would say.."it's like a Busby Berkley movie-how do you think they train all those mice to dance in unison"!. Potty as can be ! :geek:
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

In conjunction with this report:

One should read:

Being single when you reach middle age could mean more than having the house to yourself - it could increase your risk of dementia.

Swedish research, presented at a US conference, found that marriage or having a partner halved the risk of developing dementia.

Scientists believe social interaction between couples may ward off illness.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7530867.stm