Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Having the blues, my love went home again :(

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    "I'm not sure I'd say that. I've always done as little work as I could get away with." So you cheated on your work contract?! Good on you!
    Absolutely not! How dare you imply such a thing!

I simply gave them what they contracted for -- and not a smidgen more.

This is so sad. Maybe you should go and live in Laos.

Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chao Na
    Get real! A farang can come to Thailand without any qualifications whatsoever, and stay forever as a visa runner without any qualifications whatsoever.

"Once they've obtained provisional stay"....don't make me laugh. It's hard enough for a Thai just to get to most Western countries as a simple tourist. The hurdles they must jump to be able to stay there permanently are extremely daunting.

How many farangs do you know who would be able to pass a Thai equivalent (in Thai, of course) of the test that Thais must take to obtain permission for provisional stay? Don't make me laugh.
    Farang usually have the most sort after qualification to stay in Thailand, MONEY. On the other hand governments like the Dutch and British make the Thais as you say jump hurdles simply to insure that they are employable and that the don't become a financial liability on social security benefits.

As for tourist visas I cant speak for Thailand but where I live The British consulate is tough with South East Asian applicants even the ones who apply to travel with their employer. The percentage who run away in the UK is extremely high. I took 4 of my Filipino staff to The UK on an assignment for our employer. whilst there they told me they were approached by other Filipino's encouraging them run and go to a safe house. I'm glad to say I didn't loose any.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Quote Originally Posted by allieb
    Farang usually have the most sort after qualification to stay in Thailand, MONEY.
    Er, there is absolutely NO money qualification for a farang to be a visa runner. He can come in with no money, and basically stay with no money until his dying day. This is not an option for Asians wanting to stay on legally in the West.

Money alone will also not get a farang a work permit, permanent residence, or (eventually) Thai citizenship. Money alone will pretty much get you retirement status -- but you have to be of a certain age, and you will not be able to work legally.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

refugee

What I understand about the Netherlands... they accept "refugees" with open arms...maybe you can make up a story saying your Laos boyfriend is a political refuge of Laos or he's gay, so he isn't accepted in communist Laos... (or maybe he should say he's Arab and be accepted there as a refugee :bounce: )

Re: refugee

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    What I understand about the Netherlands... they accept "refugees" with open arms...maybe you can make up a story saying your Laos boyfriend is a political refuge of Laos or he's gay, so he isn't accepted in communist Laos...
    Do you really think the Dutch authorities are that stupid? Like maybe they're hanging out in those wacky tobacky coffee shops during their breaks?

Liked

Re: refugee

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    What I understand about the Netherlands... they accept "refugees" with open arms...maybe you can make up a story saying your Laos boyfriend is a political refuge of Laos or he's gay, so he isn't accepted in communist Laos... (or maybe he should say he's Arab and be accepted there as a refugee :bounce: )
    Not anymore, and that's putting it mildly. No bullshit story opportunity I'm afraid. It's not the end of the world either, will be in Thailand, Laos and Cambodia together with him in about 6 weeks, and he will be back here in October already (you can only re-enter the Netherlands on a schengen visa 180 days after first arrival).

As for me living in Laos, that's not going to work, I have a good job here, which for obvious reasons I don't want to give up. And for my boyfriend, job opportunities in the Netherlands are also looking far better then back in Laos. He basically can start the day he arrives here. His boss is very satisfied with the work he has done, and has offered him employment already

But back to topic Can blue men sing the whites?

Liked

Re: Having the blues, my love went home again :(

I met a lovely bloke from Laos in Thailand recently and plan on bringing him to Oz for a month. I've already sent $200 to cover the cost of the visa, but now he say's he needs $700 for the title deeds to his property or he won't be able to come.I don't mind paying this but is he taking the piss? Any help in getting a Laos national to Oz for a month would be gratefully recieved

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Having the blues, my love went home again :(

You do know that this OP ( just like the other one you posted about the other day too) was originally posted in 2008 right ?