Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Dinner

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Christmas Dinner

I need to book a restaurant for Christmas dinner in BKK. It needs to be reasonable priced.

Has anyone any information that may make my decision at little easier?

It doesn't have to be a "gay" or gay owned reastaurant. Any place decent with a trad. dinner would be fine.

I want to take my lover and before anyone starts saying Thai's don't much like western food ... he isn't Thai.

Cheers
    Krobbie

Heavens alive this the sweetest post I have ever read. You obviously want to get Christmas dinny-dins just right for your love, given that's only July you are certainly going to have enough time to find the perfect place.

I've never had Christmas in Bangkok I always go to Africa for it, simple affair, few birds, bubbly and a canned pud.

Look forward to hearing some of the suggestions.

Forum's veteran

Cedric I know ...

... it's only July and before you know it it's November and I haven't got anything sorted. Surprise ... I'm a bit of a planner (to say the least).

I will be in BKK in a couple of weeks (exactly) and I want to look at the places that might be mentioned.

Cheers
    krobbie

Re: Cedric I know ...

Quote Originally Posted by krobbie
    ... it's only July and before you know it it's November
    krobbie

:cheers: You're a delight. I've never planned anything five months in advance, a week is all I give myself usually.

Why Bangkok? Wouldn't a beach Christmas be nicer? Sorry just interfering. But you've got me thinking about Christmas you nutter. Hmmm beach, swimming, barbecued fishies, salt air, palm trees ,soft sand. Snorkling, little hut hmmmm

Forum's veteran

You're right ...

Cedric, will be off to Hua Hin on December 26 (after hangover quietens). Hua Hin perfect place for a good wind down. Loved it in February and I'm sure will be just as nice come Christmas.

Glad I've got you thinking about your own plans. One must surely be ready ... on the other hand lastminute.com and wotif.com have great last minute prices in high season. THat's my plan but I just want to make sure a good spread can be found at a decent price.

Thanks also fattman for your advice.

Cheers
    krobbie

A tale of two parties.

Hi Krobbie. Looks like I'll be in Thailand for Christmas also!
    I don't think Ceddie will be interested slumming it with the lower classes like us. I'm too blue-collar and you're too "middle management". We wouldn't want to ruin his Tea and Crumpet party at the Peninsula.
    If we can get together I'll try to keep boyfriend off the tequila shots and we should be fine.

And Ceddie will miss the noisy corporate shenanegans like.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmjvAJS0_V4&feature=PlayList&p=5C604613C32 A2A8E&index=93[/youtube]

Re: You're right ...

Cedric, will be off to Hua Hin on December 26 (after hangover quietens). Hua Hin perfect place for a good wind down. Loved it in February and I'm sure will be just as nice come Christmas.

Glad I've got you thinking about your own plans. One must surely be ready ... on the other hand lastminute.com and wotif.com have great last minute prices in high season.
    Cheers
    krobbie
    Sounds wonderful? Ideal in fact.

I never seem to have a problem last minute. There are always seats available. I have to admit to having stayed in some right royal dives just a few times as a result but that's fun too. Usually if there is sudden major conference like the technology fair or jewellery convention.

This happened to me when I decided to drive to Rimini from Berlin on the spur of the moment, to meet my Uncle coming back from Greece. Nothing absolutely nothing and I arrived in the dead of night, just the sound of car alarms and barking dogs. I had to sleep in the car on the highway as the uncle forgot to leave the key under the mat. Must say its a bit of a dodgy town he lives in.

What happens if you change your minds, I mean all those plans reservations deposits.

Another party Ceddie wouldn't like

I wonder if he's ever been to a company xmas party?
    A bunch of middle managers getting drunk. Secrataries putting their boobs on the xerox machine. Ah,the good old days....

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=EktVzsYjMJk&feature=related[/youtube]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Christmas Dinner

I need to book a restaurant for Christmas dinner in BKK. It needs to be reasonable priced.

It doesn't have to be a "gay" or gay owned reastaurant. Any place decent with a trad. dinner would be fine.

I want to take my lover and before anyone starts saying Thai's don't much like western food ... he isn't Thai.

Cheers
    Krobbie
    he isn't Thai ?..where is from then..tell us more.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Re: Christmas Dinner

Are you intending to stay in a hotel. If so, better check that you are not going to be charged a mandatory double room rate for Christmas Day and New Years Day. A large number of Thai hotels use this practice with the excuse that they are providing resident guests with an inclusive Christmas or New Years dinner. But quite often the dinner provided is pretty awful and worth nowhere near what an extra day's room rate would be. You can of course opt to forego their dinner - but you will be charged the double room rate anyway, whether you eat it or not!