List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Parallel lives, or something like that!

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat

Well perhaps if you weren't such an insufferably smug individual, Smiles, you may well have done.

Smiles, don't take Aunty's comments seriously. It is just his way of being ironic. It isn't irony but aunty has his own
    dictionary for his use in his endless battle against his nemesis. I have come to agree with homi about aunty's tourette syndome
    issues.
    I also agree 100% with smiles request of homi not to interject his irritating and side-tracking jibes and allow a thread to unfold,
    especially when the topic/subject is fresh and not just the same old shit rehashed for the thousandth time.. in my humble opinion anyway. :cat:
    Perhaps in future, Catty, rather than lecturing others as you so often do, you would do us all a favour and take your own advice? And by the way, you owe me an apology.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Liked

Finished the sermpon

As a devout humanist I can only add a big "AMEN" to Homi's sermon.

Sorry, diec

Quote Originally Posted by Diec
    This story reminds me of my friend Barny. When Barny was a young lad he had the bad luck to encounter a group of thugs. These thugs had nothing but time on their hands and a stiff penis in their pants. Barny struggled and struggled but to no avail...yes, they gang raped him with such force and energy it caused him to become gay.

Barny was an American through and through. He loved his country and wanted to serve. Barny enlisted in the Navy, he was a Navy Seal and could snap your neck before you even knew it was snapped. Barny never told the people that be that he was a fag to get out of doing service, he was proud. When Barny's ship arrived in Pattaya he went ashore. Barny somehow managed to wander into a homosexual bar. Barny never admitted to being a homosexual, all he knew was that he liked penis up his butt. This all changed when he met Pik.

Pik had just turned 18 a few days before he started to work in the bar. Pik had never been with a farang before. When Barny's eyes first laid his sight on Pik he was smitten. Barny and Pik hit it off like surf and turf. Barny wanted to keep the relationship low key but Pik would not have any of that. Pik wanted to shout their love from the rooftops. Eventually Barny understood the deep love Pik had for him and decided he would show his love for Pik publicly. They would hold hands as they skipped down the street, make the monks smile as they kissed each other in front of them, basically just enjoying each others company.

Alas, it was time for Barny to leave. Barny had learned much from Pik, he learned to be a proud homosexual. Barny boarded his ship and immediately informed the crew that yes indeed he was a homosexual. In Barny's mind he was ready to walk the plank. However when Barny told his crew that he was a homosexual, everyone smiled. You see, everyone knew about Barny, they never let on because they loved Barny for who he was. The entire ship vowed to never give away Barny's secret, and to this day have not.

Moral of the story is that you can be a homosexual and still serve in the military. Unlike some.
    This strikes me as a very unimaginative venture into total fiction. Especially the bit about holding hands as they skipped down the street. All Thai boys do that, right? And kiss their farang lovers in front of "the monks?"

You'd best go back to accounting, or whatever you normally do for a living.

Liked
    Barny never went quivering to the military that he was a homosexual and therefore could not serve. Unlike you, who chose to take it up the butt by the enemy. I'm sure your parents are proud of you!!

Just as I suspected..

Barny never went quivering to the military that he was a homosexual and therefore could not serve. Unlike you, who chose to take it up the butt by the enemy. I'm sure your parents are proud of you!!
    You made up an absurd story instead of saying what you meant. Now you have said what you meant to say, and we can stop thinking about "your friend Barmy" and "his boyfriend Prik" and all the rest of that nonsense.

Anyway, my parents are dead and I have no idea what gave you the idea that "I took it up the butt by the enemy," unless it was Khun Magic Bwana's equally stupid posting.

What I find VAGUELY interesting about your rant is the idea that homophobes are always right. If the homophobes in the U.S. actually go to the trouble of passing a law making it a crime for gay men to serve in the military, then, by your analysis, we should go right ahead and ignore that law, risk a dishonorable discharge (and let the homophobes win again) -- or obey the law, and risk prosecution at the hands of some members of what we laughingly call "the gay community."

Anyway, you've had your say, and that's really great. However, I don't feel obliged to listen to any more of your cr*p.

Er what a nasty piece of work. Is this not material to get one removed entirely from the forum. I should hope so.

There was the question of Smiles, I've always liked him, I like older men they are comforting and I look to them for guidance. When I heard he was moving to Thailand I've had my fingers crossed ever since in the hope that everything turns out well. Well Smiles seems it has and I am delighted.

I wish you wouldn't have regrets about what could've been. Being young is much harder, life is so serious and so painful, love and sex, we never know what we want. Sometimes all I want is to turn fifty (or in your case 79) and to wag my finger at my self now and say I told you so. Come carry on, I love it.

An interesting perspective..

Cedric wrote:

Being young is much harder, life is so serious and so painful, love and sex, we never know what we want. Sometimes all I want is to turn fifty (or in your case 79) and to wag my finger at my self now and say I told you so. Come carry on, I love it.
    This really resonates with me. I was brought up in the youth-worship culture of America, and was constantly meeting people who would say silly things such as: "If you haven't got a lover by the age of 25, you might as well kill yourself because you never will." The whole gay culture was and is built around ignoring men over 30 (or over 40).

The biggest surprise of my life has been discovering that it only gets better as I get older. As Cedric points out, the twenties can be a pretty desperate time, as you struggle to find out where you work and where you fit in socially. By the age of 30-35, those points are pretty much settled, and you are also in your prime. (As Ibn Khaldoun remarked, "From birth through the age of 30, a man generally grows in strength and capability. From 30 to 40, he is at his peak. And after 40, a decline sets in.")

The biggest surprise for me has been serenity. When I was younger, I used to fear for my sanity from time to time..."Can I take this? Can I really DEAL with it??" And then, somewhere around the age of fifty, the answer was apparent: "Yes, I can deal with it."

Now, in my sixties, I'm having more fun than ever. And I don't mean perpetual sex, I mean enjoying the companionship of really wonderful young guys, and being in a position to help them get started in life. After all, there does come a time when life stops being "all about you," and should shift focus to the next generation.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: And this belongs in the Thailand Forum ...

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    ... because?
    what a daft codger you are.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    " ... There was the question of Smiles, I've always liked him, I like older men they are comforting and I look to them for guidance. When I heard he was moving to Thailand I've had my fingers crossed ever since in the hope that everything turns out well. Well Smiles seems it has and I am delighted ... "
    OK OK ... forget the 'ignore' thing, I'll endure the elitism for nice small asides like the one above. Only human.

I have indeed found happiness and comfortable love in Thailand.
    Now it's even better with the much longer stays I can make each year (i.e. 7-8 months at a time, rather than weeks). The Man (talked about in soft tones over the last 8 years) is now 41 (in August). Such an age is rather unheard of here on this Board, but in fact it's the very age (and accompanying character) which makes my little world as fullfilling as it is at this point in my life . . . and I would thoroughly recommend to all on this board that trying to make a go of it with a mature and self-aware Thai man is NOT an impossible quest.
    As someone wisely mentioned on another thread: you just have to bump into (for it's often as blindly serendipitous as that) the right guy!.
    I count myself very lucky that I did ~ bump that is ~ way back in year 2000.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Er what a nasty piece of work. Is this not material to get one removed entirely from the forum. I should hope so.(/quote)

What a tool.