List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About 'fighting' on message boards & trolls ...

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    I find myself in general agreement with Smiles' assessment of the various gaythailand forums.
    GT & T has taken a serious turn recently with ooglemans assistance of a HIV-AIDS lad and it is a
    relief from the overly playful tete-a-tetes, mostly involving who got the drunkest and and most
    threads get side tracked with comments about several regular posters.. It is mostly, if not all good
    natured, unlike the rather vicious tete-a-tetes we sometimes endure on this forum..

hedda's forum is punishment and retribution for any bad karma we may have accumulated in our past lives
    and baht-stop is for mascohists and psuedo-intellectuals for whom sex is dirty and live in linen closets.

gaybutton's gaythailand forum is for insomniacs and the only good thing there is complete intolerance to trolls
    except for blowhard blogmeisters.. A peek once a week is about all I can take althou I did notice Smiles getting referenced
    like visiting royalty..

I am very grateful for SGT and it stands alone among the many also-rans and is number 1, 2 and 3 in my book..
    #4 would be GT & T...

francois' sixth sense (in French) comment about trolls is 100% on the money and homi missing the plot as posters keep quoting the
    trolls and this over rides the ignore feature. The ignore feature is inspired however and very useful but still someone will quote the trolls.. :cat:

Liked

Re: In the eye of the beholder

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    In my experience the word "troll" is generally used to denote someone whose opinion the writer does not like.
    Homintern, I do not consider you a troll!

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    In my experience the word "troll" is generally used to denote someone whose opinion the writer does not like.
    I agree francois, an arrogant, obnoxious, supercilious and self opinionated bald headed old cunt, but most definitely not a troll. :angel9:

George.

Re: Mountin' Trolls

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    From WikiPedia
    Whatever Wikipedia's definition, on the Board it is usually a term of abuse thrown around to denote someone whose opinions are disliked by the name-caller

Liked

Re: Mountin' Trolls

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    From WikiPedia
    Whatever Wikipedia's definition, on the Board it is usually a term of abuse thrown around to denote someone whose opinions are disliked by the name-caller
    Glad you wrote "usually" in there. You're starting to believe your own cliches old boy ... always a serious flaw in the balding.
    In the case of the Sawatdee trolls at least, you are dead wrong.

cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by George
    I agree francois, an arrogant, obnoxious, supercilious and self opinionated bald headed old cunt, but most definitely not a troll. :angel9:

George.

I am glad smiles is finally coming around. Ban the trolls, they do no love Thailand or contribute. I too disagree completely with Homi on this one, but if he was not a member of this board, we would have to create a substitute. Old balding coot or not, I love his input. Please, don't leave us again Homi, the board will be all too drab a place without you. Hugs and kisses. XOXOXO

Quote Originally Posted by Khor tose
    Quote Originally Posted by George

George.

I am glad smiles is finally coming around. Ban the trolls, they do no love Thailand or contribute. I too disagree completely with Homi on this one, but if he was not a member of this board, we would have to create a substitute. Old balding coot or not, I love his input. Please, don't leave us again Homi, the board will be all too drab a place without you. Hugs and kisses. XOXOXO
    I too believe Homi to be one of the few posters here to always engage brain before placing foot in mouth. He will be the last person on my "Ignore" list and may have to turn out the lights. I don't agree with some of his positions but I'm sure he has considered them.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by 555
    I too believe Homi to be one of the few posters here to always engage brain before placing foot in mouth. He will be the last person on my "Ignore" list and may have to turn out the lights. I don't agree with some of his positions but I'm sure he has considered them.
    I'm not sure that I agree with some of his positions either. And it's not the ones involving putting feet in his mouth that I'm thinking about....
    If [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/YouTube.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/MySpace.jpg[/img] I'll [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Google.jpg[/img] your [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Yahoo.jpg[/img]