Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elecric Shock Kills Tourist in Flood

And also in Pattaya City News

English Tourist electrocuted as he walks back to his Hotel in South Pattaya.

In the early hours of Thursday Morning, Police Major Pumipat from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital to investigate the death of a foreign tourist who was thought to have been electrocuted. The deceased, Mr. Scott Mitchinson aged 30 from England was accompanied to the Hospital by his girlfriend; Khun Wanidar aged 32, who works at a bar in Walking Street. She was able to explain the chain of event leading to Mr. MitchinsonтАЩs death which appears to be a tragic accident. She explained to Police that the pair were preparing to leave the Bar and return to his Hotel, even though heavy rainstorms on Wednesday Night had flooded many streets. The pair approached the corner of Soi 17 off the Pratamnuk Road near Pattaya School Number 8 when Mr. Mitchinson suddenly collapsed and began to convulse. If fact he had come into contact with exposed power cables, concealed by the flood waters. Passers-by realized the situation and were reluctant to approach the victim because of the potential of electrocuting themselves. Eventually a plan was formulated to rescue the victim, however he had already passed-away according to Doctors who attempted CPR at the Emergency Room which was unsuccessful. The British Embassy in Bangkok are aware of the case and it is thought that the Tourist Emergency Relief Fund will be called upon to offer some compensation for this tragic death.

Yawn. So what. Thousands of Thais die in tragic accidents every day, but I don't see anybody copying and pasting their tales of woe. Does the fact that these poor schlmiels were farangs make their fates more newsworthy or interesting? Not to me.

Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chao Na
    Yawn. So what. Thousands of Thais die in tragic accidents every day, but I don't see anybody copying and pasting their tales of woe. Does the fact that these poor schlmiels were farangs make their fates more newsworthy or interesting? Not to me.
    The point of this story is that it was a freak accident and to be aware that there are exposed electric cables around. If its boring to you then dont read it right through and bother to respond asshole
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Liked
    Chao Na = Troll ?

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Chao Na = Troll ?
    BG?

<<yawn>>

As I paddled up the road in Pattaya last week it didn't occur to me that electrocution was a risk but looking at the state of much of the wiring I suppose it should have.

Liked
    Next time you shower in Thailand and adjust/touch the electric hot water heater think ELECTOCUTION. You think it was installed by a licensed electrician=oxymoron?
    In Iraq US soldiers are electrocuted in showers because of faulty installation by Iraqui contractors.
    As a precaution always check/test the GFI to be sure , by chance, it works.

Next time you shower in Thailand and adjust/touch the electric hot water heater think ELECTOCUTION. You think it was installed by a licensed electrician=oxymoron?In Iraq US soldiers are electrocuted in showers because of faulty installation by Iraqui contractors. As a precaution always check/test the GFI to be sure , by chance, it works.
    Even if the GFI test works, this is actually no guarantee that the GFI works as it is unlikely to be connected to earth except in a relatively new building; even then I have seen some buildings (houses/condos/hotels) where a "conversion" has been done and 3-pin sockets fitted without the requisite earth cable!

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Fishing
    Next time you shower in Thailand and adjust/touch the electric hot water heater think ELECTOCUTION. You think it was installed by a licensed electrician=oxymoron?In Iraq US soldiers are electrocuted in showers because of faulty installation by Iraqui contractors. As a precaution always check/test the GFI to be sure , by chance, it works.
    Even if the GFI test works, this is actually no guarantee that the GFI works as it is unlikely to be connected to earth except in a relatively new building; even then I have seen some buildings (houses/condos/hotels) where a "conversion" has been done and 3-pin sockets fitted without the requisite earth cable!
    For maximum safety, Francois should wave his white flag at it before entering the shower.

Liked
    My understanding is Thailand uses an "ungrounded" two wire system. Thus no earth cable.

For safety I wash Thai style with a water vessel and a thai vassal to assist me.

Fran├зois