Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: If it's not tattoos it's teeth

If it's not tattoos it's teeth

Personally I hate tattoos so the current fashion that has seen them spread across the bodies of Thai guys is not to my taste. Each to their own of course and I suppose someone must like them.

Recently I've become increasingly aware of another trend amongst young Thais and I'm not sure if I've just missed it before or perhaps it's new.

After seeing more guys, with what I took to be correctional braces on their teeth, than seemed normal I discovered that they are actually just "decorative".

That famous "Thai smile" is under threat from these insidious little decorations!

(I don't like them).

Ya, my boyf wore some for a while...

I mean the tooth-gear. He had a more elegant wire across the upper teeth, which did precisely nothing.

It was just "fa-shun." And he hasn't done it for a long time now!

Liked
    I believe these are fashionable among middle class Thai kids as well. I suppose it is a way to show you have money. One of those trends like skin whitening, odd piercings,etc

Whenever I see these "fash-un" items I say to the boy What's that? put on my glasses and make a mock recoil in horror shouting 'Waaaagh'. I then back away from him and move to the other side of the bar.
    There are enough good looking boys not wearing braces for me to enjoy.

These horrid things totally spoil a Thai boy's smile and I will have no part in it.

Well, it's good to know that you are a decisive man

That's great! You make a decision, and stick with it! How John Wayne of you!

Now (may I ask) why have you changed your avatar about 509 times in the last week, O Decisive Man?? :-0

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Re: If it's not tattoos it's teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Kun Jon
    That famous "Thai smile" is under threat from these insidious little decorations!

(I don't like them).
    These look like what my friend has, they are to straighten the teeth making, after 2 years, a better smile.

Here, they are just visible, mostly he keeps his mouth closed - thankfully not in bed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by fedssocr
    One of those trends like skin whitening...
    It always amuses me to see Nivea Skin Whitening Cream on the same shelf in Boots in Thailand as Nivea Sun Tan Lotion. The Thais are trying to get lighter and the Farang's are trying to get darker.

My boyfriend reacts with horror if he gets even a little darker in the sun and declares "Me black!".

Re: Well, it's good to know that you are a decisive man

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Cate

Now (may I ask) why have you changed your avatar about 509 times in the last week, O Decisive Man?? :-0
    I've told you a million times not to exaggerate