Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Tarntawan Place

Tarntawan Place

Anyone stayed here in the last 6 months...would appreciate any/all feedback.

Tarntawan Place

I've stayed there about twenty times over the past five years and will be there again next week. Excellent location if you want to be near the action of the gay scene and yet quiet. Decent rooms, well-maintained and now a much improved water- supply for showers. Friendly staff. Security to check "offs". Recommended.

Liked
    Well, I was actually there 7 months ago, but I suppose that will do.

It's a well run friendly place with large rooms, even bigger beds, no joiner fees, good security and generally very well run. It is also right in the middle of the action. I am going to book again for a few days this year.

Only thing I personally would say is that I found it a little, well, dull. There's not much in the way of public areas, for example, just a lounge/reception/bar area. If I were staying longer than a few days, I would probably look for something a bit more interesting and maybe away from Patpong - you can have too much of a good thing. But, as I have said before, its the sort of place you can't go wrong with - especially if you are new to Bangkok (I was).

As for the water supply for the showers - oh yes indeed. In my room, if you weren't careful, the pressure tipped the shower head back and fired a geyser of water clear over the shower curtain :tif:

Liked

'... a geyser of water over the shower curtain...'

It can be much worse than that! It fired a geyser of water over my guest's carefully pommaded and spiked hairdo. The screams were horrendous.

Liked

Reasons

The main reason for staying at the Tarntawan is location, location, location. It is right smack in the middle of everything. I was just there 2 weeks ago and when I tell you it is the same as when I stayed there 10 years ago -- I'm not kidding. It's clean, quiet, good security and friendly service. Recommended.

AT

Liked

A red flag in front of a bull ...

Quote Originally Posted by American Teacher
    " ... The main reason ... is location, location, location ... "
    Oh god ... please let this not be the start of another Niddy's Nook off-topic and off-tangent analysis. :cyclops: (he says ... knowing this will in fact start it off)

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Let It Go

So far, you are the only one railroading the original topic of this post...

AT

Re: A red flag in front of a bull ...

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Quote Originally Posted by American Teacher
    " ... The main reason ... is location, location, location ... "
    Oh god ... please let this not be the start of another Niddy's Nook off-topic and off-tangent analysis. :cyclops: (he says ... knowing this will in fact start it off)

Cheers ...
    ...damn you "Shit head, Nazy Turd..." - you're fast!!!!!!!!!!!

Liked: 1

Better transportation elsewhere

For me personally, it much more important to be close to transportation than the "action". I find the Tarntawan location a bit of a pain as in the evening you have to fight the Patpong crowds on Silom or on Suriwong.

The Om Yim and the Deluxe rooms at the Pinnacle are half the price of the Tarntawan and they both have in-room electronic safes (very important for me). The Om Yim is a 15 second walk to the Skytrain, the Pinnacle is a 3 minute walk to the subway. The Tarntawan is at least 10 minutes to the Skytrain and this can make a real difference on a rainy night.

That said, it is a very nice hotel with great breakfasts.

Agree completely with Ceejay's comments. After trying a number of different 'recommended' gay hotels in BKK I now only ever use the Tarntawan - was there just last week in fact. Never had any problems there and the stay has always been most comfortable and welcoming. For me it's the best - but everyone to his own opinion and I know lots of others would not agree with me. However I usually only stay in BKK two or three nights at the most and would probably look for something more up-market for a longer stay.