Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thai baht

Thai baht

... is going down a little, I noticed that the bht to the UK pound is around 63.5 now, and even the US dollar is around 32.5, as for the Euro, 50.5, is the bht losing ground?

Thai baht & new government

Well, my former bf says that whenever a new government gets into power, they start announcing all these mega-projects to please the masses who voted for them. Like the SkyTrain and the subway, these mega-projects generally involve giga-bucks going to foreign companies such as Siemens, Bechtel etc. etc. and so forth.

The result is that the Thai government enters the Thai baht market on the selling side, and therefore the value of the baht goes down.

I'm just saying...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

unstable government

What does your BF say about the demonstrations against amending the constitution ? Doesn't this look like the military could get "active" again since the new PM seems to be a ..... disappointment? Won't this make the Baht lose its strength?

Like the SkyTrain and the subway, these mega-projects generally involve giga-bucks going to foreign companies such as Siemens, Bechtel etc. etc. and so forth.

The result is that the Thai government enters the Thai baht market on the selling side, and therefore the value of the baht goes down.

I'm just saying...
    Sounds like the typical smug crap one gets so often from the smart-ass middle classes. Do you really think those companys sign deals in dodgy currencies?

Re: unstable government

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    What does your BF say about the demonstrations against amending the constitution ? Doesn't this look like the military could get "active" again since the new PM seems to be a ..... disappointment? Won't this make the Baht lose its strength?
    Well, since you asked, he doesn't say anything about that.

Quote Originally Posted by 555
    Like the SkyTrain and the subway, these mega-projects generally involve giga-bucks going to foreign companies such as Siemens, Bechtel etc. etc. and so forth.

I'm just saying...
    Sounds like the typical smug crap one gets so often from the smart-ass middle classes. Do you really think those companys sign deals in dodgy currencies?
    Are you quite sure you have been reading this thread? Who ever said anything about companies such as Siemens signing "deals" in "dodgy currencies?" Who mentioned "dodgy currencies?"

Oh, and those oh-so-smug middle classes, who deal in "crap?" Where the fuck did that come from?

Well, you spoke about all of these. Speak at length for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by 555

I'm just saying...
    Well, I find this comment incoherent. These companies DON'T sign deals in "dodgy currencies," which is the reason why the Thai government has to begin selling baht. Which is what I said.

Peace and love, bro.' Keep smoking that Good Stuff!

Smart-ass middle class jerk dealing in smug crap.

PS. Do these people ever LOOK at the garbage they have written???