List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raid on Pattayaland sois 1 and 2 Tonite...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Raid on Pattayaland sois 1 and 2 Tonite...

We saw A-Bomb on Pattayaland Soi 2 being closed before midnite and it seemed odd. I observed a very large Thai man
    barking orders and it appeared to be police. They seemed interested in the lady bar next door to A-Bomb and we moved on
    to Pattayaland soi 3 aka Boyztown.

We had a drink in Funny Boys and after a short while, the front door remained open and there was a lot of conversation with
    the mamasan, the farang bosses and some staff.. A minuter or two later, all the go go boys left the stage and went into the back..
    They returned in a few minutes and were taken away by the police..The farang owners offered a free drink to the disappointed
    customers but sitting in a boy-less boy bar with a bunch of geezers was not an option, so we left..
    Still a nice effort by the owners who were not happy as the bars are to be closed again on Monday apparently for a major Buddhist holiday..

Since underage is not an issue in these bars, one has to assume the police were checking for something else..
    We continued on to Pattayaland soi 1 and there was no evidence of police activity and we had a final drink in
    Lucky 777, which had lots of talent and all beers only 100B. all nite..

With trongpai expat reporting raid in BKK on same nite, one has to wonder if there is something going on out of the ordinary... :cat:

The police went into all the bars in Boyztown (they did not go in the bars as far as I could see they stood outside) they took every boy from every bar for urine tests and as far as I'm told all the boyz from all the bars came back to see the night out in there respective bar, which would indicate that there was no drugs found.
    If they had found drugs in the boys urine they would have immediately closed the bars the boys were employed in.
    By the way they done pattayaland soi one 3 nights ago.

As there's been big exposure lately in the media about the taking of drugs in Thailand and the governments warning against this practice it shouldn't come as any surprise to anyone that the police are doing these raids, after all they stop motorists and motor bike drivers on the roads and highways all day and all night for drug tests and searches.
    Sunee plaza was also full of police tonight.

There seem to have been raids all over the place tonight. But at least we can all rest assured that the police know exactly what is going on before they make their move. JJDeed in another thread has enlightened us with his expertise in the matter when he said:

"The local constabulary have all day to sit around scratching there posteriors watching these perverts and druggies doin there thing, they know what exactly what they're up to and give them just enough room to feel safe with there dirty little habits, then they pounce."

And Monday, catawampuscat, is the day on which Buddhists celebrate the birth, enlightenment and death of Gautama Siddhartha.

Liked
    Seems more raids happen during low season than high. BIB struting about, all very important of course. Tis about money and keeping up appearances.

G

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    thank God I was home sick as a dog and taking all manner of drugs-legal of course.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Liked
    It seems both Pattaya and Bangkok were on the Police agenda last night. I wonder if Phuket and Chiang Mai escaped this? Anyone hear anything?

The good news is that customers were left alone, no ID/passport checks. It seems as long as the Immigration Division of the Police stay home there's no interest in farangs.
    E Dok Tong

Liked
    I went back to RCA a few weeks after that raid and the door men where not letting any farangs in without the manager seeing an original passport and a valid visa. Few farangs make it out that far.

Same deal with the Ratchadamri venues.
    E Dok Tong

Ratchadaprisek (soi 8) maybe?

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    I went back to RCA a few weeks after that raid and the door men where not letting any farangs in without the manager seeing an original passport and a valid visa. Few farangs make it out that far.

Same deal with the Ratchadamri venues.
    Following Tronpai's earlier advice I brought my passport when i went to Rachada Soi 8 ten days ago...
    Passport wastn't checked in Hollywood, G-Star or in Rachada Soi 8 club...

Arrived back to hotel with no Passport!
    BF left the bag containing it in a Taxi....
    Spent the next 3 days obtaining an emergency passport from Irish consulate (3 days when i should have been back in work!)

We went to various venues in Rachada and Ramsari over the next few days (ICK and other places whose names i forget!) Was asked for passport in quite a few places - but friends just told the doorman i had lost it... And there was no problem for me to get in

This lost passport will probably end up costing me 50,000 THB when all the bills are paid for (lost salary, new passport, flight changes, 3 extra nights in BKK)

Moral of the story is NEVER take your passport out with you!
    And NEVER give it to your BF to mind!!!
    (no mattter when the BIB are checking!)
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

punishment for not having passport

What is the punishment for not being able to produce ones passport when demanded by the BIB. I never carry mine, preferring to lock it in a "safe".