Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: UNICEF's real agenda

UNICEF's real agenda

Am I alone in finding it ironic that while the UN says 100,000 may be dead and more deaths predicted from disease and famine, that the main UN agency dealing with children's issues is dwelling on the possible exploitation of ONE teenager (with NO confirmed reports)? They raised the same alarm after the tsunami which proved to be groundless. To me, these are very strange priorities indeed! And they seem to be oblivious to the fact that most people in Asia don't have private bedrooms.

From International Herald Tribune, Published: May 14, 2008:

"We are really concerned about the risk of exploitation and sexual abuse," said Anne-Claire Dufay, chief of UNICEF's child protection section in Myanmar. "If they don't have private sleeping spaces, it could be an issue."
    Dufay said Tuesday there had been one report of the attempted trafficking of a teenage storm survivor in the country's largest city, Yangon, but so far no confirmed reports of sexual abuse.
    Similar concerns were expressed following the 2004 tsunami, but little evidence of such problems emerged.
    Cyclone Nargis devastated Myanmar's Irrawaddy delta on May 3, leaving about 62,000 people dead or missing according to the government count. The United Nations has suggested the death toll is likely to exceed 100,000.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/05/ ... t-Risk.php

Liked

Anne Claire Dufay

If you Google her name, either as Anne Claire Dufay or as Anne Claire Dufay Demoulin, what comes up is the same comment, either from 2005 or from the recent typhoon, about possible child abuse. It may just be her obsession, rather than a UNICEF one, however, but it is interesting that in an organization concerned with children she should be ignorant of the anthropological findings of John Whiting and others that in almost all cultures around the globe, babies sleep with an adult, while older children sleep with parents or other siblings, and that it is the West that stands out from the rest of humanity in the treatment of its children during sleep. The US consistently stands out as the only society in which babies are routinely placed in their own beds and in their own rooms, moreover.

Re: Anne Claire Dufay

Quote Originally Posted by cottmann
    If you Google her name, either as Anne Claire Dufay or as Anne Claire Dufay Demoulin, what comes up is the same comment, either from 2005 or from the recent typhoon, about possible child abuse. It may just be her obsession, rather than a UNICEF one, however, but it is interesting that in an organization concerned with children she should be ignorant of the anthropological findings of John Whiting and others that in almost all cultures around the globe, babies sleep with an adult, while older children sleep with parents or other siblings, and that it is the West that stands out from the rest of humanity in the treatment of its children during sleep. The US consistently stands out as the only society in which babies are routinely placed in their own beds and in their own rooms, moreover.
    I don't think it's "sleeping" she is concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by Singapore Sexpat
    Quote Originally Posted by cottmann
    in almost all cultures around the globe, babies sleep with an adult, while older children sleep with parents or other siblings, and that it is the West that stands out from the rest of humanity in the treatment of its children during sleep.
    I don't think it's "sleeping" she is concerned about.
    Right Singapore Sexpat, you troll! She is not concerned about sleeping. She said she is concerned over the UNCONFIRMED report that MAYBE there was AN ATTEMPT at "trafficking of a teenage storm survivor in the country's largest city, Yangon" while she PRESIDES OVER THE SPECTACLE OF HER OWN ORGANIZATION'S ESTIMATE OF 100,000 DEAD AND MILLIONS FACING STARVATION, DISEASE AND DEATH.

And cottmann thanks for providing the information that she has a long and ignorant history of how most of the world lives when she makes a call for private sleeping places no doubt guarded over by black widow spiders such as herself! "Let them eat cake" is her motto I would guess.

I'm a troll because I said it's not the sleeping she's concerned about? Why are you foaming at the mouth and typing in all caps? Is this lady inhabiting your worst nightmares?

I'm a troll because I said it's not the sleeping she's concerned about? Why are you foaming at the mouth and typing in all caps? Is this lady inhabiting your worst nightmares?
    Ad hominum arguments are the last refuge of a Troll.

I'm putting you on IGNORE Singapore Sexpat.

Quote Originally Posted by RawSugar
    Ad hominum arguments are the last refuge of a Troll.

I'm putting you on IGNORE Singapore Sexpat.
    Ignorance is the last refuge of an asshole. Ignore all you want.

Raw Sugar calling someone a trolll....now that is precious.