Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Being gay is okay"...from Bangkok Post

Liked

"Being gay is okay"...from Bangkok Post

Being gay is okay..
    from the Bangkok Post May 9, 2008 issue..
    My Life section...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/080508_Mylif ... ily000.php

Parents should realize that having homosexual
    children is not a shameful thing

By ANJIRA ASSAVANONDA

At the age of 21, a boy called Frank and a girl called Muk have defined themselves as homosexuals. Unlike many others, the two do not hide their status. Thanks to the love and understanding of their parents, they can be open and proud of being what they are.

A gay boy's story

Frank discovered he was different from other boys when he was about four or five years old.

"I didn't like playing with boys. I didn't like sports which males are normally good at, such as football. I felt they are too violent. At home, I liked to wear a hairband, and often put on my mum's high-heel shoes," recounted Frank.

When he grew up, Frank realised he was gay, but did not dare tell his family for fear that his parents would not be able to accept the truth. ...more...

Just a girl who loves girls

Muk has been a tomboy since she was young. She always refused to wear skirts even though her mother wanted her to. When she was in Grade 5, she started to have strange feeling everytime she saw pretty girls. However, it was not until Grade 9 that Muk discovered her passion for the same sex and started dating a girl.

"My mother never asks what I am or why I become a tomboy. She seems to accept the way I am.

...more...

Tj

quote: "It was tough pretending to be a man, when deep down inside he knew that he really was gay. " Gee, thanks to the Bangkok Post, I just found out I'm not a "Man" because I'm gay. I better start looking for my vagina!

Liked

Re: "Being gay is okay"...from Bangkok Post

Quote Originally Posted by travelerjim
    " ... Being gay is okay..

" ... Parents should realize that having homosexual children is not a shameful thing ... "

" ... My mother never asks what I am or why I become a tomboy. She seems to accept the way I am ... "

...more ... "
    ... lets hope and pray for more, indeed.

Thanks TravelerJim. Nice to know that at any time we can all click on your posts for some thoughtful guidelines to live by . . . . and a few hoary old cliches to cuddle up to when we become bewildered by the straight world's mean-spirited bitches telling us how naughty us fags can be.
    How's the insurance biz?

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNasty
    quote: "It was tough pretending to be a man, when deep down inside he knew that he really was gay. " Gee, thanks to the Bangkok Post, I just found out I'm not a "Man" because I'm gay. I better start looking for my vagina!
    Come on, you know very well that "man" means "heterosexual male" in Thailand.

Hooray for this. You would never, ever see something like it in the mainstream Singapore press.

Liked

Re: "Being gay is okay"...from Bangkok Post

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Quote Originally Posted by travelerjim
    "Thanks TravelerJim. Nice to know that at any time we can all click on your posts for some thoughtful guidelines to live by . . . . and a few hoary old cliches to cuddle up to when we become bewildered by the straight world's mean-spirited bitches telling us how naughty us fags can be.
    Cheers ...
    Hi Smiles...

Thanks for your your reply to my post...
    and ..May I ask...

How is life in Hua Hin these days?
    I trust you and bf are settled into your Hua Hin home by now ?
    Have you been to see any other Thai cities/villages/countryside lately?

Hope you are liking Thailand and your retirement as much as I do :-)
    Take good care...

Regards,
    Tj

Liked
    "Tell-tale signs

The following characters signal your child is likely to be a transgender.

- Your little son prefers wearing skirts to shorts or pants.

- He has a girlish gesture when speaking.

- He likes to dress up.

- He looks neat and gentle like a girl.

- He doesn't like playing with boys.

If these characters appear since they are very young, taking them to paediatrists or child psychiatrists may help in some cases. If it is because the boy has been brought up among women, one solution is to find a man to be his role model. "

WHAT!
    E Dok Tong

Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeNasty
    You do have one it's called your mangina (your asshole)
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

The wonder is ...

... that, according to some posters (other threads, passim), the story needed to be written at all. Thailand is, allegedly, a gay paradise where homosexuality is widely accepted

Re: The wonder is ...

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    ... that, according to some posters (other threads, passim), the story needed to be written at all. Thailand is, allegedly, a gay paradise where homosexuality is widely accepted
    This is a carefully preserved secret ... especially from the Thai.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Singapore Sexpat
    Come on, you know very well that "man" means "heterosexual male" in Thailand.

Hooray for this. You would never, ever see something like it in the mainstream Singapore press.
    This is one the most grating things in Thai "culture" as far as I am concerned. The notion that only a heterosexual man is a "real man" or can be "all man" is very oppressive.