Being gay is okay..
from the Bangkok Post May 9, 2008 issue..
My Life section...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/080508_Mylif ... ily000.php

Parents should realize that having homosexual
children is not a shameful thing

By ANJIRA ASSAVANONDA

At the age of 21, a boy called Frank and a girl called Muk have defined themselves as homosexuals. Unlike many others, the two do not hide their status. Thanks to the love and understanding of their parents, they can be open and proud of being what they are.

A gay boy's story

Frank discovered he was different from other boys when he was about four or five years old.

"I didn't like playing with boys. I didn't like sports which males are normally good at, such as football. I felt they are too violent. At home, I liked to wear a hairband, and often put on my mum's high-heel shoes," recounted Frank.

When he grew up, Frank realised he was gay, but did not dare tell his family for fear that his parents would not be able to accept the truth. ...more...

Just a girl who loves girls

Muk has been a tomboy since she was young. She always refused to wear skirts even though her mother wanted her to. When she was in Grade 5, she started to have strange feeling everytime she saw pretty girls. However, it was not until Grade 9 that Muk discovered her passion for the same sex and started dating a girl.

"My mother never asks what I am or why I become a tomboy. She seems to accept the way I am.

...more...