List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NBC Today ShowтАЩs Matt Lauer in Laos - Laos as Visa Run?

Liked
    There is a bit of a scene in Lao. In Luang Prabang Kob Chai Bar and Lao Lao Restaurant gay owned and frequented. In Vientiane Pak Luk Bar is a gay bar. Kob Chai Der Bar and adjoining fountain area good for cruising.

I like Lao because of the quieter way of life and under developed nature of the place. Bangkok is nice for 3 or 4 days then off to the mountains and rivers of Lao for me..................with my Lao BF !

DELETED

Liked
    I love Vientiane and Laos. Great food, the best beer in SEA, it's cheap and laid back. Not much Gay nightlife, as a matter of fact, not much night life at all. Most bars close around 12 or 1 at the latest. Kob Jai Due is indeed a nice bar, but not gay. There are some discos that will have gay clients, there is one not far from Kop Jai Due, towards the river on the left side of the street, this place is open later then 1am.

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    then it was the turn of the boys. Well, they well more effeminate than any of the real females ...
    Did you get a stiffy?

Bringing your boy special back to the hotel in Laos

What I can't figure out is, once you've met your Lao Boy Special, how do the two of you make it to your hotel room. I read an article not long ago that said hotels require a male farang and female Laotian to produce some kind of proof that they are married. I don't know if this is true but I'm curious about how a gay farang can get his Boy Special past the hotel desk.

Liked

Gay Venues nice but not Necessary

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Although, gay venues are not a necessity, they would be cool to find and visit with the bf.

I am curious to know about the policy of not being able to bring a Laotian guy back to the hotel room. That is a real problem since my bf and I like to play together.

TrongpaiExpat, my bf is Indonesian and we both speak Thai. We will still be typical visitors to Laos. I really think Laos will be a nice get-away from the hustle and bustle of BKK.
    Keep your Twinkie in the wrapper or your cream may cause trouble.

Liked

Re: Bringing your boy special back to the hotel in Laos

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDonny
    What I can't figure out is, once you've met your Lao Boy Special, how do the two of you make it to your hotel room. I read an article not long ago that said hotels require a male farang and female Laotian to produce some kind of proof that they are married. I don't know if this is true but I'm curious about how a gay farang can get his Boy Special past the hotel desk.
    Have been able to check into numerous hotels in Vientiane with my Lao boyfriend, there is nothing stipulated in the law regarding same sex partners.

Re: Bringing your boy special back to the hotel in Laos

DELETED

Liked
    Just heard that Pak Luk, the only gay bar in Vientiane has closed.................Poor location and personal problems of owner

A few important things to know before you take the visa run to Laos.

A visa will be required but can be easily obtained at the Friendship Bridge by most farang after filling out the same questions on numerous forms. Have two passport photos is a good idea, though I think only one is required. The price has jumped to U.S. $29.00 for most farang, except only Canadians who must pay $35.00, probably for some reason.

There are many places to get a visa between the train station and the bridge. I do not know if they are better priced or whatever but I have never heard any complaints.

The trip from the train station in Nong Khai to the Friendship Bridge should cost you 20 - 40 baht depending on the number of persons in the tuktuk. At the bridge you will need to pay an additional 10 baht for the bus across the Mekong, which never seems to have the entrance/exit on the correct side (that is the sidewalk side - like Bush airport in Houston), poosibly caused by the confusing situation with the change from left-side to right-side driving conventions. After all thai immigration/lao visa/customs formailities you will have to pay another 10 baht customs fee. You'll be quoted 300 baht for the taxi service to Vien Chang but you can bargain this down to 250. It takes about forty minutes and there are no more oxcarts (fully paved). All that is plus tips, of course.

The taxi drivers can be very helpful in finding accomodation, but if no else just get off in Fountain Sq. and walk around. There are numerous guest houses available.