List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBC Today ShowтАЩs Matt Lauer in Laos - Laos as Visa Run?

Liked

NBC Today ShowтАЩs Matt Lauer in Laos - Laos as Visa Run?

The last time I was in Thailand I made a couple of visa runs to Cambodia and HK. I never thought of going to Laos. The guys from there are beautiful so I guess I should have considered it a destination for a side trip from Thailand.

This morning (Eastern Time USA) Matt Lauer of the NBC morning "Today" show revealed his exotic location as Vientiane, Laos. After watching this program I am taking the bf there for our next side trip from Thailand. Have any of you had much experience with Laos? I will be in Thailand in a few months and would like to get any suggestions as far as places to visits and nightlife (if any). I really canтАЩt wait to go to Vientiane and the temples there so I will certainly do my research on that one.

For those of you are not familiar with Matt Lauer or NBCтАЩs Today Show I have provided the following link: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/24375784/

Keep your Twinkie in the wrapper or your cream may cause trouble.

I would studiously avoid visiting anywhere Matt Lauer has set his worthless foot.

Re: NBC Today ShowтАЩs Matt Lauer in Laos - Laos as Visa Run?

Quote Originally Posted by 1PR4BKK
    Have any of you had much experience with Laos? I will be in Thailand in a few months and would like to get any suggestions as far as places to visits and nightlife (if any).
    Try a {Search} of this Forum and Utopia's always worthwhile - http://www.utopia-asia.com/tipslaos.htm

There was also at least one great Laos trip post over on the old Pattayagay Forum that I bookmarked but it seems to have expired - you can try this as well - http://www.travelfish.org/country/laos

See?

Quote Originally Posted by Singapore Sexpat
    I would studiously avoid visiting anywhere Matt Lauer has set his worthless foot.
    Well, well! You see we agree on some things SS!

Matt was such a sissy. He made a huge deal out of eating an insect, making a face and refusing to swallow as the camera failed to fade him out. After finally swallowing he, of course, had to open his mouth to prove he swallowed. I know that all of the real men here on Sawatdee are REAL MEN, love "Bugs and Beer" :drunken:, and will swallow anything. :drunken:

Quote Originally Posted by Soi 10 Tom
    ... and will swallow anything
    Most seem to be swallowing The Lad's latest story about being based in Singapore

Liked

Gay Activites in Laos

Sure, Matt Lauer is a bit of a sissy at time. I always thought he was an undercover man-loving freak. I used to have a big crush on him. IтАЩd still do him.

Anyway, as far as going to Laos, are there any suggestions on where to go for gay activities there?...Night clubs, bars, anything? Thanks for any suggestions fellas.
    Keep your Twinkie in the wrapper or your cream may cause trouble.

DELETED

Liked
    1PR4BKK where is your BF from? If he's Issan odds are he will be able to speak enough Lao to get along quite well. If he's Central Thai, Lanna, Bangkok or from the south he will not.

My BF is from Nong Khai (Issan) and we went to Lao a few years ago, he had no problem communicating but he did not feel comfortable in Lao. The one thing the Thai education system does is install a strong sense of Thai identity. He and his family essentially speak Lao as does the whole region but they don't give it much thought. They are Thai and those across the river are Lao . None of his friends or family have ever been to Lao, what the point of going there I was told.

If you BF is ThaiChi, be prepared for some incredibility pregidous remarks about Lao people.
    E Dok Tong

Liked
    I get the impression that Laos is fairly conservative like the rest of the communist countries in that part of the world. You can see the Sticky Rice listings as well which are pretty slim pickin's
    http://www.stickyrice.ws/?view=directory&country=la

Purple Dragon has tours in Laos so you may want to take a look at their site. But the prevailing opinion I have seen is that you go to Laos as a respite from Thailand's more "out there" style. I am headed to Luang Prabang and Vientiane later this year and I am really looking forward to it.