Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: On which message board did you lose your posting virginity on?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dreaded Ned [original ... 1999(?) ~ 2001]

17 17.35%
  • Dreaded Ned [2nd ed.]

2 2.04%
  • GayButton [ran concurrently with above]

12 12.24%
  • PattayaGay [circa 2001 ~ 2004 or so]

21 21.43%
  • Sawatdee Forum [EZBoard edition]

15 15.31%
  • Sawatdee Gay Thailand [this Board]

20 20.41%
  • ThaiVisa

3 3.06%
  • Baht-Stop

2 2.04%
  • Gay Thailand

4 4.08%
  • TingTong

2 2.04%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which gay Thailand message board did you start posting on?

Liked

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    Ned just got sick and tired of it (much like has happened to a couple of the other forums).
    There's a little more to it than just that. Best I not say too much but it was a question of threats of liability, the Thai way.
    Allen, is the one who just got fed up with the trolls and one poster who would not quit.
    GB ran into a problem with the Thai censor and called it quits but many would claim he chased everyone off before that problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by dab69
    and [GB] wanted money for introducing you to a possible thai husband/bf/date
    Yes, the local real estate mafia capo didn't take kindly to someone who was making noises that undercut his business. Thus the threatened lawsuit. And someone else was pocketing some nice change for matching up boys with farang ... because it would be so difficult for a farang to find a Thai boy in Thailand. :drunken: The less charitable considered it pimping. That same individual was always threatening to write a book about gay Thailand, which I found a real hoot considering how clueless he was about all but the most superficial facts of life here.

Can't recall what name I used on Dreaded Ned or GB. I briefly used "London Laddie" on Dreaded Ned in a highly successful campaign to elevate Mr. Smiles blood pressure.

I started on PattayGay as X, but then couldn't resurrect that name/password after an absence caused by Islamic censoring so, in order to aggravate David-in-Pattaya, I changed to x-in-Pattaya. It's been about 5 or 6 years since David passed away. I guess he had a good & generous heart, but he had to be third only to GB & Hedda as an irritating poster.

Liked

Re: Which gay Source?

Thank goodness for Dreaded Ned. I started visiting in the early 90's and in those days the only maps of gay Bangkok I could find was in Sparticus. Not to be sneeZed at, it got me hooked up with a place to stay and the names of the bars one needed to see. It even had a code for what you could expect to find once you entered the establishment. While it was primative, Sparticus was a great resource for bangkok. The not to scale map of gay venues still has a warm place in my memory palace. Dreaded Ned and Dragon Castle were a quantum jump into better information on Thailand. It was the Sparticus add for the Ambiance Hotel that pointed me to ground zero in Pattaya, and its wonderful roof top bar of happy memory.

elephantspike

Re: Which gay Thailand message board did you start posting on?

Dreaded Ned just weeks before it was taken down, then Pattayagay. I think I was one of the first to post on the Pattayagay thread about "What the hell happened to Dreaded Ned?" in my first posts on that board. I was using the handle "mldnathai" then (not a very catchy name, I know). I think that must have been about 6 years ago now.

If nothing else, the experience has made me a lot more tech-savvy web-wise. When I started on Pattayagay, I didn't even know how to upload an avatar. Smiles and jinks had to help me with that. Now I'm fluent in XHTML and "conversational" in php and javascript. :geek:

Liked

Re: Re:

Quote Originally Posted by x in pattaya
    " ... Can't recall what name I used on Dreaded Ned or GB. I briefly used "London Laddie" on Dreaded Ned in a highly successful campaign to elevate Mr. Smiles blood pressure ... "
    Yes, 'Mr X-in-Pattaya' was known as simply 'X' since the 'London Laddie' debacle on Dreaded Ned, during which (for reasons I cannot remember) he referred to me as being "prissy".
    For some odd reason that one REALLY HURT! Not sure why ~ for certain I've been called far worse.

But look at me and Mr X now ... regular fuck buddies! :albino:

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

why isnt www.pattayapassion on this list? thats where i started.

Liked

Re: Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Quote Originally Posted by x in pattaya
    " ... Can't recall what name I used on Dreaded Ned or GB. I briefly used "London Laddie" on Dreaded Ned in a highly successful campaign to elevate Mr. Smiles blood pressure ... "
    Yes, 'Mr X-in-Pattaya' was known as simply 'X' since the 'London Laddie' debacle on Dreaded Ned, during which (for reasons I cannot remember) he referred to me as being "prissy".
    For some odd reason that one REALLY HURT! Not sure why ~ for certain I've been called far worse.

But look at me and Mr X now ... regular fuck buddies! :albino:

Cheers ...
    I chose London Laddie for its geographical implications because there was someone using American(whatever) and being as Americanly obnoxious as he could be ... probably to be intentionally provocative. AmericanRick ?? American Dave?? something along those lines. And of course I was intentionally provocative as a UK-centric wanker, winding up as many as I could.

It was about that time that the Colonel was promoting a Small Dick Organization in New York, of which, I believe, he was a charter member. No I'm not making that up. Those were the days before Google became a verb, but the Colonel had all the information immediately at hand.

I started by reading the first Dreaded Ned. But never posted until PattayaGay which I still feel was one of the best.

By the way, how do you vote. I tried clicking on things but never saw how to vote............Why can't somethings stay the same???? Is that old age?

elephantspike

Quote Originally Posted by Pattaya Male

By the way, how do you vote. I tried clicking on things but never saw how to vote............Why can't somethings stay the same???? Is that old age?
    Yes. The old age of the poll, not your old age. This thread is actually over 9 months old and was bumped yesterday. Polls are set to expire after a certain amount of time. I think that is also why Pattaya Passion isn't included. It was pretty new then, I think, and way before the second generation remake thing they are doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf
    why isnt http://www.pattayapassion on this list? thats where i started.
    HMMMMM must be the one prissy barred from

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Isn't Gone Fishing going to contribute to this thread?