Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gay Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    Sad to see ths thread has been moved out of the main forum
    Why? It should always have been where it's now ended up. Or do you, like some others, believe posting guidelines shouldn't apply to you?

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Or do you, like some others, believe posting guidelines shouldn't apply to you?
    Its not my thread - so I don't see what your point is about posting guidelines applying to me.

However the reason I am saddened is that when posts like this end up here they rarely get any responses as nobody (except you!) bothers to check these backwaters...

And besides that the thread was more interesting than the drivel being posted by Raksiam in the main forum
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

I like to stay at the AMARA hotel. It's right by the subway station and walking distance to the gay clubs. It's about 5000 baht per night, but very upscale with big rooms.

elephantspike
    Hey, this is a great thread. It's exactly what I'd like to see more of here.

When I moved it, I left a shadow in the Gay Thailand forum, meaning that it is now listed in the index of two forums instead of just one, thereby increasing its exposure.

It could have stayed in Gay Thailand, as it does relate to travel to and from there, but it is just so perfect for Any Other Country, I couldn't resist moving it here. It's exactly what this forum is all about.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeNasty
    I like to stay at the AMARA hotel.
    Hi Jake
    Unfortunatley they are quoting 420SGD ~11,000 TBB per night for the Amara on my chosen dates (april 22-24th)

Any other suggestions?

Anyoneknow what on in Singapore at this time to drive the prices up so high?

At this rate i think we'll end up staying in one of the fragrance or Hotel81s!

Scarlet or York

The Scarlet in Chinatown is a stunning boutique hotel. I understand that some (all?) standard rooms do not have windows. De Luxe would be safer - the one we had faced the street. Not cheap at S$320 plus taxes. Great location within easy walking distance of two MRT stations and a few gay bars. www.thescarlet.com

Another option might be the York Hotel off Orchard Road. I have not stayed there personally but my business partner stayed there last month and found it more than adequate and good value. Got a good rate through Quantas even though he did not fly with them. www.yorkhotel.com.sq

On my last visit I tried Hotel 1929 for the first (and last) time. Cannot adequately explain just how tiny the rooms and bathroom are and we had no hot water for 24 hours which they did not seem too bothered about. Avoid!

Always battle to find a well priced hotel in Singapore which is not run down. Have found reviews on www.tripadvisor.com to be generally quite accurate and indicative of what you can expect.

Liked
    Think I just answered my own question:

http://www.foodnhotelasia.com
    "...FHA2008 (Food&HotelAsia) тАУ AsiaтАЩs Largest International Food and Hospitality Event will once again provide an excellent platform for buyers and sellers to meet and discover new businesses.... 36,658 trade visitors and 2,330 exhibiting companies"

No wonder the hotels are so expensive around then - i'm competing with 36000 others for the hotel rooms!

At this rate we'll be sleeping in RAW sauna or Johar Bahru!

Liked
    Recently stayed in singapore in golden landmark hotel for 3rd time and will return. Near blue heaven sauna and bugis mrt. Paid only 7 S$ with taxi to raw-sauna. With hotel.de can get it for 66тВм but always take the clubroom for about 100тВм.
    I liked the visits in raw because of the horny arab and indian boys - only the chinese boys have been picky. Also my thai friend liked it and so we return in december.
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

Liked

Singapore massage and saunas

A scan through the Utopia and fridae internet sites reveals a number of massage places and saunas in Singapore.

As I may be staying in SIN for a night or two soon, I would love to hear any opinions about these places, from recent visitors.
    I am far from being the fit, buffed type to be found in some saunas, so would be interested in a place which was more body and age tolerant.

The interne sites for massage parlours highlight the massage skills, and toned bodies of the staff. But there is not much else tin the way of information on offer.
    Can someone give a comparison between these SIN massage places, and those in Thailand. I'm interested to compare the services offered, whether the SIN places are just a pretense for 'special services', as in Thailand, and how the costs would compare.

Also interested to hear how anybody found the saunas to be, and which might be recommended or not.

Thanks for any information offered.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

stayed in the Swissotel Merchant court at Clarke Quay
    Stayed there in August for less than half of what they are asking for next Songkran. There was a pile driver across the road which may have explained the bargain price I got. Maybe they all put their prices up for Songkran - go figure.

My experience of upscale Singapore hotels is that whilst they tick all the boxes there is always one box that is only just getting the tick. Often it's that the tiny pool get's crowded out with brat spoiling families on the weekend.