Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A WARNING

Liked

A WARNING

During my recent trip to BKK, I had two possibly related situations occur. Both occurred in Silom Complex? near Saladaeng BTS. I occasionally walk through there when using the BTS, using the ATM, shipping at Tops, having an ice cream, and also to cool off while walking in the area. I try not to use the bathrooms there as it is not my kind of surroundings to meet people and I have been approached there in the past. But I do walk around the complex from floor to floor window shopping, and yes, perhaps looking at a cute boy or two.

During one walk I noted they were installing new and additional cameras near the first floor escalator.

On a subsequent visit while on my walk I was approached by a middle aged/older guy who asked me if he could talk to me. I asked him what he wanted and he asked "Where are you from?" I said " Sorry, I don't know you and I don't talk with people I don't know." and walked away.

On another week while I was using the ATM and I noticed a middle aged clean cut neatly dressed guy in jeans and a dress shirt sitting in the restaurant area watching me. When I finished and walked upstairs, he followed me but went in the direction of the bathroom. I went the other way up to the next level, he quickly came out of the bathroom and repeated the process on the next floor. Again I continued to the next floor and he repeated the process, quickly exiting the bathroom and doing the same on the next floor. I continued on my walk to the bookstore but did not see him again.

My guess was that they were using undercover cops or security to catch or discourage bathroom cruising. So for anyone who goes there to cruise, beware.

If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

If this gentleman was Thai, it's more likely you were being cruised than being cased by an undercover cop.

From what you've written, it sounds more likely that the guys were cruising. I've never heard of an 'undercover' cop coming up to you and blatently ask where you're from. Doesn't sound very undercover to me. If he was a cop, or some kind of security guard, it's unlikely he'd allow you to just walk away once he'd tried to speak with you.

There is also one guy with white/grey hair, always neatly dressed, who chats up strangers in excellent English. I've seen him in Lumpini park, on Silom and in Silom Complex. I'm not sure what he wants but have always assumed he tries to pull some sort of scam.

Quote Originally Posted by asiagayboy
    There is also one guy with white/grey hair, always neatly dressed, who chats up strangers in excellent English. I've seen him in Lumpini park, on Silom and in Silom Complex. I'm not sure what he wants but have always assumed he tries to pull some sort of scam.
    The guy you are talking about is almost certainly Khun Mak, he is always dressed casually, speaks excellent English and oozes an air of friendliness.

He trys to engage you in conversation and has a pocket book of names and addresses of his 'friends' around the world which he will show to you.

After engaging you in a friendly conversation about where you are from and where you have visited in Thailand he will usually ask if you want a boy or a girl. He pimps for a number of clubs and makes his money that way, although he claims to be employed as a window cleaner. If you are not in the market for his offer then he usually asks for 100 Baht to get something to eat, his favourite place to take farangs to eat is the Mcdonalds at Robinsons. He is quite harmless but can be a bit persistent.

Liked
    AGB and NBN
    You have described the guy who approached me exactly. He was so friendly almost acted as if he knew me. His English barely had a hint of any accent.

Great. Thanks. You have solved the mystery. It is pretty amazing that someone on this board even knew his name! I love it. Does he have a book with pictures like some of the massage places do?
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Re: A WARNING

Quote Originally Posted by adman5000
    On a subsequent visit while on my walk I was approached by a middle aged/older guy who asked me if he could talk to me. I asked him what he wanted and he asked "Where are you from?" I said " Sorry, I don't know you and I don't talk with people I don't know." and walked away.
    The person who spoke to you in Silom Complex may have been one of the recruiters for the Long Yang Club (LYC). Several of our elderly members like to hang out at the Chesters coffee shop on the second floor and watch the guys cruise the escalators. Sometime when they see someone who fits our member profile then they will follow them around, even into the toilets, and ask them if they want to join LYC. We get a lot of new members this way.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

cruise dudes

I sometimes don't have good "Gaydar" to notice who is on cruise-control but Silom Complex is full of commercial boys who seem (many) desperate for fast cash. How about the Thai fellow, in his 20's)who runs up to you (inside or outside of Silom Complex) laughing and says,"Don't I know you?" Then you start thinking if you have or not at soi 4 ...2 ...or whatever. He then starts asking the typical questions Where you from?...Where you going?.What's your name? This same guy has done it twice to me this year and I found out from my buddies who live in BKK that they are approached by this unattractive (doesn't brush his teeth) young man asking the same thing, "Don't I know you?" :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by adman5000
    AGB and NBN
    You have described the guy who approached me exactly. He was so friendly almost acted as if he knew me. His English barely had a hint of any accent.

Great. Thanks. You have solved the mystery. It is pretty amazing that someone on this board even knew his name! I love it. Does he have a book with pictures like some of the massage places do?
    As far a having a book of pictures, I can't answer that one.

I often bump into him in Lumpini Park early afternoon but as he knows I am a local he just smiles and says hello.

If you do get talking to him is a an intelligent guy and obviously well educated and can hold an interesting conversation but be warned that he will always expect a tip at the end. He is a Bangkok character and has been around for the past ten years to my own knowledge.

Liked

Re: cruise dudes

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    I sometimes don't have good "Gaydar" to notice who is on cruise-control but Silom Complex is full of commercial boys who seem (many) desperate for fast cash. How about the Thai fellow, in his 20's)who runs up to you (inside or outside of Silom Complex) laughing and says,"Don't I know you?" Then you start thinking if you have or not at soi 4 ...2 ...or whatever. He then starts asking the typical questions Where you from?...Where you going?.What's your name? This same guy has done it twice to me this year and I found out from my buddies who live in BKK that they are approached by this unattractive (doesn't brush his teeth) young man asking the same thing, "Don't I know you?" :cheers:
    I had a similar encounter a couple of years ago. I was walking around the corner from Rama IV onto Silom when a young Thai guy grabbed my elbow and said hello and something like either "don't I know you" or "good to see you again". I stood there for a second trying to figure out if he was some one I had met. He asked the where you from, where are you going... I told him I was just out for a walk, which was true. And he asked if he could walk with me. I told him I preferred to walk alone. I assumed he was working a scam too. But felt bad later about thinking that way. I don't recall him having dental issues but I didn't spend much time talking with him. It definitely felt weird to me.