Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: What do you think about the same-sex marriage?

What do you think about the same-sex marriage?

One of my friends get married with the same sex, what do you think about that?

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    Disgusting two women getting married.

I'm torn ...

... between the social good of encouraging stability, and the view that we should have no role in extending a patriarchal, property-based institution to a group that has traditionally been (and in my opinion should remain) creative outsiders

Quote Originally Posted by terro
    One of my friends get married with the same sex, what do you think about that?
    I think you're another wind-up artist.

Liked

same sex marrages

There are 4 siblings in my family

1 str8 girl
    1 gay male ( me )
    1 str8 male
    1 gay female - my youngest sister had a civil union to her Methodist minister partner.

Our family have no issues with any lifestyle of the others and all love and support each other - why wouldn't we?

I had a disastrous 22 year 'convential' marriage and was lucky to get out of it with my finances (and self-respect) more or less intact. I would certainly NOT enter into any other marriage now whether it be convential or same-sex.

If you want to enter into some form of 'partnership' agreement fine, but make sure that you have a legally watertight 'palimoney' type agreement covering all you worldly assets including property before you proceed.

Liked
    My partner and I, after 19 years together, took the first available opportunity to enter into a UK Civil Partnership (which offers all the material benefits of heterosexual marriage to same-sex couples).

After all those years, we did not feel the need to do it to "prove" anything to each other. Neither did we feel the need to prove anything to anyone else.

We did it for the practical benefits of inheritance rights, next-of-kin rights and so on - and, not least, to give all our friends a good time at the ceremony and the subsequent party!
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]