Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry Saturday nite

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Dry Saturday nite

Elections coming up...no alcohol 2nite, right? Any place for a drink???? Ok Sunday nite, yes????

Liked

Re: Dry Saturday nite

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    Elections coming up...no alcohol 2nite, right? Any place for a drink???? Ok Sunday nite, yes????
    And, I guess we just have to assume that your talking about Pattaya?

Kinda spooky out tonight in Bangkok, very little traffic this close to a pay day on a Sat night.
    E Dok Tong

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat

Kinda spooky out tonight in Bangkok, very little traffic this close to a pay day on a Sat night.
    I know there's an upcoming election in Texas. But I hadn't heard of any elections in Bangkok until suddenly, yesterday when I got back after a weeks-long trip and was refused buying some spirits at a major supermarket because of the "election". 7/11 - everything the same.

I don't see any news of an election on both the Nation and BP front pages this morning.

So we went out instead of enjoying a restful evening at home as planned. It wasn't difficult to find somewhere to 'wet' the spirits, although our restaurant was not. Whereever I went was rather crowded, but not like you'd expect on a Saturday night payday, agreed.

I managed to wet my whistle quite a bit last night even though most places were shut.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by ArNolD
    Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat

I know there's an upcoming election in Texas. But I hadn't heard of any elections in Bangkok until suddenly, yesterday when I got back after a weeks-long trip and was refused buying some spirits at a major supermarket because of the "election". 7/11 - everything the same.

I don't see any news of an election on both the Nation and BP front pages this morning.

So we went out instead of enjoying a restful evening at home as planned. It wasn't difficult to find somewhere to 'wet' the spirits, although our restaurant was not. Whereever I went was rather crowded, but not like you'd expect on a Saturday night payday, agreed.
    Yes, the primary in Texas is on Tuesday, March 4. I still can't decide between Obama and Hillary. I don't think Galveston County will be dry. Maybe I will stagger into the polls with my whiskey-soda, close my eyes, and play pin the tail-on-the-candidate. I think the whiskey soda is especially important, which I obviously cannot do in Thailand! I don't want to be sober when I toss my coin in the air.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    the Texas law prohibiting dildos has just been repealed
    so you wouldn't need to drink as much as usual Doom Lex

Quote Originally Posted by Noom Lex
    Perhaps your liver would benefit from a one-day holiday?
    Speaking for myself, that is one thing I have little interest in doing, especially in Thailand, and that is alcohol consumption. I may have one libation per week, but that is the maximum. I prefer to keep my wits about me when I'm out and about, and in my experience, doing that is not conducive with getting a buzz on, or worse, from drinking. Also, just to be on the safe side, I don't like to do anything that could even possibly effect sexual performance and while it hasn't happened to me, I have heard of a condition called whiskey dick. :cyclops:

Quote Originally Posted by thaiworthy

Yes, the primary in Texas is on Tuesday, March 4. I still can't decide between Obama and Hillary. I don't think Galveston County will be dry. Maybe I will stagger into the polls with my whiskey-soda, close my eyes, and play pin the tail-on-the-candidate. I think the whiskey soda is especially important, which I obviously cannot do in Thailand! I don't want to be sober when I toss my coin in the air.
    For myself, it's going to be easy. I prefer Barak all the way, although if Hillary stages a comeback and gets the nomination, I'll support her over the war monger McCain too. :cheers:

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyEye
    Speaking for myself, that is one thing I have little interest in doing, especially in Thailand, and that is alcohol consumption. I may have one libation per week, but that is the maximum.
    Probably a good idea. Sounds like me at home. Unfortunately, when in LOS, my brain stays home (of course, I've had a friend or two in Thailand twist on my arm unmercifully and make me drink too much...... :clown: )

Quote Originally Posted by Noom Lex
    I'd be driven to drink, too, if I had to live in Galveston, Texas.
    I've never been there. Seriously, what is it that you don't like about it? Can you tell me without generalizations or exaggerations?
    Some friends of mine who have visited there, said they liked it, though I never asked for any specific reasons why. I know I do like the Glen Campbell song "Galveston" :colors: