Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is awful too..UK troops beating children in Iraq

Liked

This is awful too..UK troops beating children in Iraq

This you tube video is a few years old now..posting it to make a point. The video shows UK troops beating children in Iraq,
    taunting them, laughing at them, and basically enjoying a little British sadism. You have to login to YouTube in order
    to watch this video, due to the violence and cruelty on display. I guess if you can't change their hearts and minds, you just
    beat them into submission. Every day we stay in Iraq we create another child who hates the West. Evey day we stay in Iraq we
    create another terrorist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmnUQLqcYD0

Re: This is awful too..UK troops beating children in Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by Dboy
    Every day we stay in Iraq we create another child who hates the West. Evey day we stay in Iraq we
    create another terrorist
    Only one per day? How did you arrive at this statistic - or is it merely a slogan?

my country

The video shows only an excerpt of what happened. Despite the evidence, no action has been taken against any of the soldiers involved, including the NCO who egged on the thugs.
    The British media tried to downplay the incident by referring to the kids as "young men"- as if that were justification. In fact, the boys were in their early teens.
    The UK government has a record worse even than the US (though not Israel) in covering up war-crimes. This petty sadism may not be a war-crime on the level of Haditha, Jenin or Fallujah but it aptly demonstrates the racism that lies at the heart of UK and US policies in the Middle East.

Liked
    "Evey [sic.] day we stay in Iraq we create another terrorist" - Dboy, above.

Well, as long as every day we stay there we are managing to kill at least two terrorists, we're staying on top.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Re: my country

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson
    The UK government has a record worse even than the US (though not Israel) in covering up war-crimes. .
    and the original poster mentioned "British sadism"

come on guys - sadism is sadism and a war crime is a war crime - the nationality of whoever commits such acts is wholly irrelevant

there is a little bit too much of brits trying to bash the yanks and the yanks trying to bash the brits on these boards - so much for our special relationship!

when something is fundamentally morally wrong and repugnant the nationality of who does it is surely not the point

it is all a case of examples of man's imhumanity towards man - simple as surely?

Re: my country

Quote Originally Posted by YardenUK
    there is a little bit too much of brits trying to bash the yanks and the yanks trying to bash the brits on these boards - so much for our special relationship!
    Purely a slogan for politicians

lol i know that (my tongue was in my cheek.....................i can think of better places to put it though hehehe), but my underlying point was, we're all gay, and we all love thailand, so why all this bashing each other on the forum based on our nationalities - kinda sadistic in itself :violent1:

Neighbours

... my underlying point was, we're all gay, and we all love thailand, so why all this bashing each other on the forum based on our nationalities - kinda sadistic in itself
    As opposed to "naive", which is what your attitude is, I'm sorry to say. You want to infer some solidarity based on sexual and location preferences? A very thin offering, I'm afraid. Disputes between heterosexual neighbours, and how to resolve them, forms a large part of the legal system in any part of the world

Yarden might like to ponder why it is that yesterday the NatWest three were imprisoned under a legal arrangement by which British Citizens can be extradited to the American "Justice" system that is not reciprocated. Blair should stand trial for more than his war crimes in Iraq IMNSHO.

Love/hate relationships

...there is a little bit too much of brits trying to bash the yanks and the yanks trying to bash the brits on these boards - so much for our special relationship!....
    Well the Brits burned Washington DC to the ground in 1814 (you can still see the charred collums at the White House) and Queen Victoria almost backed the Confederates in the Civil war. And there's always been a tension between the Pro British Anglicans and Pro French Catholics in this country. Not to mention the fact that there are more Irishmen here than in Ireland.

But still, when the chips are down we instinctively know which side we're on. There was quite an argument in WW1 weather to back the Germans or British/French in that war. Many German immigrants in the US. But ultimately we knew which side was right.

And even though we held back for a LOOOONG time in WW2 we knew which side we had to be on. The thought of Britian, standing alone after Dunkirk and facing the full force of the Nazi war machine - ALONE - is enough to give them a Free Pass in America's book for a long, long time. Britian literally saved the World for Democracy. Yes - Their Finest Hour.

This Yank might not want to sing "Rule Britannia" but will always join in a chorus of "There'll Always Be an England".

BTW, I've also noticed there's a split on the Boards and in Pattaya between the Brits and the Yanks.
    And I think its a shame.