Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Email to Manhattans

Email to Manhattans

Rumors abound. Is it true the former manager has been replaced? The direction the owners want to take the place is more affordable meals? They felt the place was too gay friendly and some of the owners friends were not comfortable with male waiters and rich gay customers?

I believe those of us that have supported Manhattans from the beginning deserve to know if these rumors are true.

Please email me or call me. Thank you.

I supplied my phone number and email address in response to an email about Valentine Dinner.
    "For reservations call 038 259790

or email sman@manhattans-pattaya.com

Regards,

David Bowers"

The email said it was from Steve Manning but signed by David Bowers

DELETED

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    does this mean poor gay customers like moi will still be accepted ?
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Answer to John Botting

What I was letting Board members know was that I sent an email as posted to Manhattans in response toan email they sent out about Valentines Day dinner. I asked for information as to rumors that have been posted on the Board. Although I'm not sure I will get a reply, it was a chance to let them set the record staright if they wish to do so. If they reply, I would post their reply.

They may at least confirm that the menu will change if true.

I was not really asking that people do anything. But I do think it might be helpful to ask them questions.

Arrogance deserves to be ignored

[quote="Pattaya Male"]I believe those of us that have supported Manhattans from the beginning deserve to know if these rumors are true.[/quote]

Why? Nobody has "supported" Manhattans apart from the owners and the staff. You, in the same way as any other customer (gay or straight), paid your bill and were, apparently, happy with what you got. No more and no less.

If you want to know if the "rumors are true" then go there, as another poster did, and find out for yourself. To consider that you have a right to know what a restaurant or any service business's future plans are just because you have been a customer is sheer arrogance - more so if you have implied in any way that you are representative of or enquiring for the "gay community".

Liked

Exsurge Domine

="Gone Fishing"
    If you want to know if the "rumors are true" then go there, as another poster did, and find out for yourself. To consider that you have a right to know what a restaurant or any service business's future plans are just because you have been a customer is sheer arrogance - more so if you have implied in any way that you are representative of or enquiring for the "gay community".
    He could take his e mail and nail it to the front door of the restaurant circa 1546 style sparking a reformation of gay dining all over Pattaya.
    E Dok Tong

Gone fishing

I disagree with you. A business certainly needs customers. Many ads say "We appreciate your support". Maybe it is semantics. But I believe customers spending money is supporting the operation of a business. I understand that you do not. We will not agree on that.

As to arrogance, possibly I am arrogant. But I believe I did a reasonable thing. Writing a letter or going and asking is the same in my mind. I am seeking information.I did not claim to represent any group and did not identify myself as gay or straight.

I REPLIED to an email where they invited me to attend a Valentines dinner. I have every right to know what changes a place has made when it comes to spending my money. I will make my choices. You make yours anyway you would like. Example; why would I, as a gay man, go to Hooters with my partner on Valentines Day. Why you can't understand this is not understandable to me.

My email was factual. I made no threat. I made an inquiry.

To my mind, arrogance is thinking that you, Gone Fishing, have a right to tell me how to lead my life. Why do you think you are superior?

But maybe we can do this. You take care of you and I will take care of me.

I have no problem with you or others making a suggestion or telling others how you or they would handle a situation. But chastise others in the way you did is arrogant and a bit conceited. You have no standing with me. I intend to proceed as I choose, without your council.

Liked
    "He could take his e mail and nail it to the front door of the restaurant circa 1546" - TrongpaiExpat, above.

"Circa 1546"? Hmm... You're referring, I guess to Martin Luther's Ninety Five Theses of 1517 - a mere 29 tumultuous and turbulent years earlier.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Nail to the front door

Ah for the happy days of Wittenberg. You boys were paying attention.

Liked
    Gosh, you really are a "veteran member"... Do, please, pass on my regards to the Emperor Charles V!
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]