List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: DELETED

Negative Post On ThaiVisa About A*** Rest.

DELETED

Liked

Wait a minute . . .

But I like A**** Restaurant. I like R B. I'm sure accidents can happen, as they often do in restaurants, but that's anywhere, not just A***. I wonder about the liability in a situation like this. What is the responsibility of the restaurant?

I've been sick like that in Thailand, but it's only for a few days, and I just accept it. We're all human beings, we get sick. You deal with it. Yes, it can be life-threatening in severe cases. If that is true in a case like this, then this does make an interesting topic for discussion.

I am not always happy with everything restaurants and go-go bars have to offer, but I make do what there is. This is Thailand and all that. I am fond of many of the businessmen in Pattaya, like R, who work hard at their job. It would take a huge and consistent upheaval of quality and service to make me leave some places like this.

I know A**** is not the best restaurant in Pattaya. There will always be those arguments of value for price. But like Thai boys, I appreciate things in a far wider spectrum-- as I do for food sitting on a plate. Among other things, it has its location on the soi for the view of the passing parade, and its proximity to other venues make it special, if only for me.

Liked
    Who really knows the source when you get a case of the runs? I've had many minor cases over the years (usually lasting one long and spectacular hong nam rendezvous) and am never really certain where I got it. I don't bother speculating anymore.
    The folks in this thread jumped on the A**** (i.e. the last place at which they ate) but in reality, it might have been or might not have been.

I like this observation by an always-testy member of this Board (who also had a few screaming matches at Baht-Stop):
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingthing
    " ... Sorry to hear they are implicated in food poisoning but this restaurant serves boring mediocre food at high prices so skipping eating there is far from a big loss ... "
    Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Unfair

Shouldn't this post have the particular restaurants name censored out like the Boy bar owner at A....B...... club, that was implicated in giving it's boys scabies?
    R B the owner hasn't even defended themselves yet and people are already passing judgement on the health conditions at A**** restaurant?

Liked
    I enjoy eating at A*** and do so regularly and have never been unwell afterwards. I like it for the same reasons as thaiworthy. R works hard and is very conscientious, no detail too small. I like him. The waiting staff are well-trained. The food is perfectly acceptable and the desserts delicious. One pays a bit more than some places but the location justifies that in my opinion. An incident of food poisoning could occur in the best-run of establishments; I think the people who suffered it in this case are entitled to say so on a message board but should also inform the owner R so that he has a chance to investigate and, if necessary, put his side of the matter.
    [i]There is a boy across the river with a bottom like a peach,
    But alas I cannot swim.
    [/i]
    - From an early-19th-century Pashtun marching song

Good point P, I wonder if they reported it to the restaurant before writing that potentially libellous report on a public forum, where it has spread to this one already. Obviously R is not one of jinks' bosom buddies, no free finger food there then.

{give me time to sleep - I'm on UK time - jinks}

Liked
    Never any problems with A*** food - I have always found it to be good quality and good value.

But I really dislike the way one's meal is interrupted by the proprietor coming to have a chat - apropos of nothing at all - when you are trying to talk to your companion. Maybe he could just circulate - and if WE want to talk to HIM, we could catch his eye...?

The only food problem I've ever had was after having salad at B***o's. And wasn't there, in fairly recent memory, a mass outbreak of stomach trouble at B***o's after a charity event hosted, inevitably, by the saintly Madame Jim (whose divine aura proved, on that occasion entirely unable to prevent it)?

{as said in the first post - leave this for Thaivisa - jinks Closed}
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]