Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phnom Penh Advice Please

Re: Phnom Penh Advice Please

The Manor House was good -I recommend it.

Plenty of friendly male Khmers at "The Blue Chilli" and "The Salt Lounge".

I think the following was a special event, but still the link is worth a look.

http://queercambodia.blogspot.com/2008/ ... tures.htmlBlue Chilli

Liked

I had the pleasure of staying in Siem Reap and the PP in Nov. About PP, check out http://www.romanticcambodia.com
    The place is clean and the upstairs host was very warm, friendly and straight. I only mention this in passing because for amusing cultural differences, calling himself "a real man" I thought was very cute. He is getting married to his High School sweetheart some time this year. I was treated well there. Good massage upstairs on the top level as well. The Khmer boys there can be a bit on the sensitive side though.
    Had a better time impromptu at "Salt" than at Blue Chili. But this is more likely due to the fact I "offed" a little to early at the Chili. Both places were fun-the host of Blue Chili is a real hoot! Very customer service oriented and truly cares about the happiness of his patrons. I think there are more MB's at the Chili. Both places are a lot of fun hands down and the Khmer boys there know how to have a good time.
    Have a great time but be cool and watch out for the "wealthy" Khmer-(please, mind your own business and you will be fine!)and the para military police force, as they are ruthless.
    The children along the Riverside can get to you if you let them-the begging and touting can be a bit much. Speaking of the River (actualy Tonle Sap Lake)-Salt is along the Riverside and you can pretty much stroll along enjoy the cool breeze and it is a really nice walk in the evening. Visit the FCC (further along the River) for a slice of history, a good lunch, as well as great photo exhibits on the walls. And there are two "Art Cafe's" that serve up great western food and really smashing sunday brunch!
    Lastly, you do owe it to yourself to visit the Genocide Museum to truly understand the Khmer people. I was moved beyond words and stayed there several hours more than I thought I would. I didn't even plan on going.
    Happy hunting and have a safe trip!
    DZ
    :study:
    [b][i]"Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind"-The Bard[/i][/b]

Liked

Warning, the manor house is a good place to stay, but book early as it does fill up. The club where everyone goes after hours is called "The Heart of Darkness." Good Disco with drinks and a mixed but friendly crowd.